See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Drill Operator Jobs Rockhampton
Maca is searching for Drill Operators to work out in Rockhampton & Capricorn Coast.
About *Drill Operator Jobs Rockhampton:
As the mining operator, MACA Mining provides mining services to Carabella Resources at the Bluff Coal project, located near the town of Bluff and approximately 20 kilometres east of Blackwater.
You will be responsible for :
- Executing blast hole drilling activities in accordance with the blast design;
- Working with a large diameter rotatory blast hole drill to achieve drilling targets and budget pen rates;
- Ensuring drill pressures are set to minimise consumable usage and ware;
- Assisting with the maintenance of plant and equipment;
- Completing pre-starts, drill logs and time sheets accurately;
- Submitting required documentation correctly and in a timely manner;
- Performing alternate duties on the mine site as directed by the Supervisor.
About the lifestyle :
- An attractive 7/7 roster;
- Camp accommodation or the option of an Accommodation/ LAFHA allowance of $220 per week;
- Drive in/ Drive out shift change bus shuttle service from Rockhampton and Emerald.
About you :
- Proven experience in a similar blast drilling role within an open cut mining environment;
- HR Class Drivers Licence and Dangerous Goods Licence;
- Cert III or Cert IV in Drilling Operations (RIIBHD301D);
- Current Queensland Coal Board Medical and Standard 11 Induction Training Coal Induction;
- A demonstrated commitment to fostering safety in the workplace.
About MACA :
MACA is a publicly listed, integrated contracting services group specialising in mining, civil construction, infrastructure and mineral processing equipment. Our operations span across Australia and South America.
They strive to be the best by investing in our people, signifying a relentless focus on continuous improvement and understanding our clients’ needs. Their commitment to ensuring they deliver first class solutions whilst providing a safe, team-orientated culture that centres on performance and values its people is second to none.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.