You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Only applicants with real skills should apply. When sending in your application for the job, be sure to highlight the skills you have which are relevant.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Drill Operator Coal Mine
This organisation is an industry leader, employing a wide range of trades and skilled individuals throughout the Bowen Basin. An opportunity is available for an experienced Drill Operator to commence immediately on a 7/7 Roster.
About the role
This role will see you predominantly performing drill operating duties on a coal mine located in the Bowen Basin.
What you’ll need to succeed
To meet all of the requirements for this role, you will be required to have:
- Current QLD Driver’s Licence
- Current Coal Board Medical issued within the last 5 years
- Standard 11 Induction Training and previous or current experience
- Blast Hole Drill Operator
- Pit Viper Drill experience is mandatory
- Good communication skills and ability to work in a team is essential.
What you’ll get in return
You will be granted with an immediate start where you will have the opportunity to gain additional experience and skills as a Drill Operator working a 7/7 Roster.
All of your flights, meals and accommodation as well as the induction costs will be supplied by the client.
There is an opportunity to receive a Temp Worker Recognition Bonus after 6 months of continuous work.
What you need to do
If you’re interested in this role and you believe your skills, experience and competencies match the above criteria, please apply to Stephanie Connelly at your earliest convenience.
To register your interest in this position click on the “Apply Now” button
Click Apply for Drill Operator Coal Mine – 7/7 Roster Bowen Basin
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list