See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Drill and HD Fitters – FIFO Pilbara WA
Friendly team environment Excellent pay Long Term Positions FIFO to the Pilbara on 2/1 and 8/6 rosters from Perth. Currently, they are seeking experienced Heavy Mobile Plant Mechanics, HD Fitters, Drill Fitters, Plant Mechanics and Diesel Fitters to work in Field Service on various rosters all over WA. FIFO from Perth only !!!
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Australian Trade Certificate Diesel Fitter,
- Plant Mechanic or Heavy Vehicle Mechanic Minimum 3 years post trade experience
- Current Driver’s License LF (Forklift), WSAH (Working Safely at Heights), WP (Elevated Work Platform), RB (Basic Rigging) and Dogging (DG) tickets
Extensive experience on:
- Terex / Bucyrus / Komatsu / Caterpillar Heavy Earth Moving Equipment
- Dump Trucks MT4400, MT6300, 830E, 930E, 960E and 793F’s, SKF Drills, RH340’s, RH400’s, O&K’s, CAT6060’s, CAT6090’s,
- Dozers and Wheel Loaders Police Clearance Familiar with SIS, ET, VIMS
- Capability of reviewing technical problems in detail A team approach Computer literacy
You will be required to pass a Medical and a Drug & Alcohol test and be able to provide at least 2 contactable references. The on site rate is $61/h flat.
These are long term positions for the right candidates. If you want to secure your employment in the WA mining industry – apply now and attach your resume, driver’s license and trade certificate.
For further information please call today on *****99 + click to reveal or send your application with your resume, trades papers, tickets and driver’s license attached, directly to:
*****@westskills.com + click to reveal
NOTE: Please submit your resume in a MS Word format by clicking on the Apply button below. All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contained in this ad.
How to Apply
If you would like to be a part of this exciting new project and believe that you meet all the requirements please click to apply.
Click Apply for Drill and HD Fitters – FIFO – Pilbara – Terex / CAT Heavy Equipment
Dump Truck Operator Salaries
How much do dump truck production operators earn in the mines?
Depending on where you live, or which state the mine is located in, as you can see from the information below, the salaries are very different. In Queensland and New South Wales, mining wages are pretty much the same for Dump Truck Operators. Working at a Western Australian mine you can expect to earn about 20% more than if you worked in QLD or NSW.
Dump truck operator jobs are advertised on SEEK and other mining jobs boards regularly.
According to online jobs website Indeed (au.indeed.com), the average salary for a Dump Truck Production Operator in Australia is $41.98 per hour. Salary estimates are based on 326 salaries submitted anonymously to Indeed by Dump Truck Drivers. The data was collected from past and present job ads on Indeed over the last 36 months.
Payscale.com Dump Truck Driver Pay Estimates
Looking at the salary of an entry-level Dump Truck Driver with less than 1 year experience, you can expect to earn an average hourly wage (includes bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$42 based on 24 pay reviews.
With so many different and conflicting articles about salaries, it's difficult to know what the exact take home pay is for a Dump Truck Operator.
Blackwater, Queensland Dump Truck Salaries +40%
According to Payscale.com, Dump Truck Operators in the Queensland Bowen Basin area of Blackwater, earn an average of 39.7% more than the national average. Dump Truck Operators also get more money in Western Australia (26.6% more) and Kalgoorlie (17.0% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Melbourne, Victoria (19.6% less), Brisbane, Queensland (16.2% less) and Sydney, New South Wales (14.3% less).
SEEK mining job salaries for dump truck production operators
What are dump truck operator employers looking for?
The following list is a collection of requirements you'll find in most advertised dump truckk operator jobs
- Experience operating CAT trucks
- A willingness to work rotating rosters
- Ability to contribute and work positively in a team environment
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol test
- Competitive Hourly Rate plus super on all hours worked
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current Standard 11 or willing to obtain a Standard 11
- Have a strong commitment to safety and Zero Harm and ensure this is a
- priority and at the forefront of all your decision-making
- Have a strong work history
- High level of safety awareness
- Relevant current RII Competencies
- Relevant RII/ SSE sign offs/ Competencies
- Right to work in Australia - Birth Certificate or Australian Passport
- Sound Work History
- Be reliable and a team player
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Komatsu 830E Haul Truck
The Komatsu 830E is an ultra class dump truck used in Australian open pit mining operations an is designed and built in Peoria, Illinois by Komatsu America Corporation (parent company is the Japanese held company Komatsu Ltd.
The Komatsu 830E is a beast, with 231,000 kilogram capacity (255 short tons). Although this is a big truck, the 830E's load capacity is about 66% the capacity of the Liebherr T 282C and Caterpillar 797B.This is an electric truck and is being featured in many new mining operations as well established mines in WA and QLD.
The electric drive system is very different fromt the transmission/differential drive of traditional trucks. The diesel engine is connected to a GE traction alternator with high voltage cables transfering electricity to the two wheel motors at the rear of the truck.
Read more about the KOMATSU 830E mining dump truck on the Komatsu website