See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Drill HD Fitters – FIFO Pilbara
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Australian Trade Certificate Diesel Fitter,
- Plant Mechanic or Heavy Vehicle Mechanic
- Minimum 3 years post trade experience
- Current Driver’s License LF (Forklift),
- WSAH (Working Safely at Heights),
- WP (Elevated Work Platform),
- RB (Basic Rigging) and Dogging (DG)tickets Extensive experience on Terex / Bucyrus / Komatsu / Caterpillar Heavy Earth Moving Equipment
- Dump Trucks MT4400, MT6300, 830E, 930E, 960E and 793F’s, SKF Drills, RH340’s, RH400’s, CAT6060’s,
- CAT6090’s, Dozers and Wheel Loaders Police Clearance Familiar with SIS, ET, VIMS Capability of reviewing technical problems in detail A team approach Computer literacy
Would you like to Apply
If you feel you have the required skills and are searching to join a professional team please Apply online now with an up to date CV.
Click Apply for Drill HD Fitters FIFO Pilbara Terex CAT Heavy Duty
Click Here to download our Expert Guide Becoming a Dump Truck Driver
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Komatsu 830E Haul Truck
The Komatsu 830E is an ultra class dump truck used in Australian open pit mining operations an is designed and built in Peoria, Illinois by Komatsu America Corporation (parent company is the Japanese held company Komatsu Ltd.
The Komatsu 830E is a beast, with 231,000 kilogram capacity (255 short tons). Although this is a big truck, the 830E's load capacity is about 66% the capacity of the Liebherr T 282C and Caterpillar 797B.This is an electric truck and is being featured in many new mining operations as well established mines in WA and QLD.
The electric drive system is very different fromt the transmission/differential drive of traditional trucks. The diesel engine is connected to a GE traction alternator with high voltage cables transfering electricity to the two wheel motors at the rear of the truck.
Read more about the KOMATSU 830E mining dump truck on the Komatsu website