Drill Fitter Mining Jobs with Salaries
Reichdrill and Pit Viper Drill Rigs
Prospect Recruitment are currently looking Drill Fitters for 7/7 roster positions to cover several sites across the Bowen Basin.
You will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Perform scheduled drill servicing on their Reichdrill and Pit Viper drill rigs
- Performing unscheduled repairs
- Prioritising workloads or unscheduled repairs when required
- Supervising and/or coaching the activities of Servicemen and Trainee Fitters
- Maintaining and servicing light vehicles, support trucks and trailers
- Fulfilling all safety requirements and maintenance reporting needs.
Essential skills and requirements include:
- Trade Certificate
- Hand Tools
- Australian HR Class drivers licence
- Drill Maintenance Ability
- Previous Drill Maintenance Experience.
Desirable skills for *Drill Fitter Mining Jobs with Salaries* include:
- Current Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*
- Current QLD Coal Board Medical
- Refrigerant Handling Licence
- Action Drill and Blast Drill fleet product knowledge
- Action Drill and Blast Ancillary fleet product knowledge
- Ability to work autonomously
- Demonstrate leadership skills
- Working at Heights
About the Company:
Action Drill & Blast is a leading provider of integrated drilling and blasting services in Australia.
Prospect Recruitment have a positive team culture based on their core values of Safety Integrity Teamwork and Innovation and they provide their employees with a safe and friendly work environment.
Their large Atlas Copco and Reichdrill drill fleet is modern and maintained to the highest standard.
** This job is no longer available, see our most recent mining jobs here.
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Standard 11 Mining Induction
The Standard 11 is a course that provides skill and knowledge required for working in surface coal mines under the QLD Mining Inspectorate Recognised Standard 11.
If your job means you must access a Queensland coal mine site - you'll need a Standard 11.
The Standard 11 covers essential safety training designed to keep you and other workers safe from injury and harm when working on site.
You can book your course online and we will find a training provider close to your location - we do all the work for you.