Drill Fitter Mining Jobs with Salaries
Reichdrill and Pit Viper Drill Rigs
Prospect Recruitment are currently looking Drill Fitters for 7/7 roster positions to cover several sites across the Bowen Basin.
You will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Perform scheduled drill servicing on their Reichdrill and Pit Viper drill rigs
- Performing unscheduled repairs
- Prioritising workloads or unscheduled repairs when required
- Supervising and/or coaching the activities of Servicemen and Trainee Fitters
- Maintaining and servicing light vehicles, support trucks and trailers
- Fulfilling all safety requirements and maintenance reporting needs.
Essential skills and requirements include:
- Trade Certificate
- Hand Tools
- Australian HR Class drivers licence
- Drill Maintenance Ability
- Previous Drill Maintenance Experience.
Desirable skills for *Drill Fitter Mining Jobs with Salaries* include:
- Current Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*
- Current QLD Coal Board Medical
- Refrigerant Handling Licence
- Action Drill and Blast Drill fleet product knowledge
- Action Drill and Blast Ancillary fleet product knowledge
- Ability to work autonomously
- Demonstrate leadership skills
- Working at Heights
About the Company:
Action Drill & Blast is a leading provider of integrated drilling and blasting services in Australia.
Prospect Recruitment have a positive team culture based on their core values of Safety Integrity Teamwork and Innovation and they provide their employees with a safe and friendly work environment.
Their large Atlas Copco and Reichdrill drill fleet is modern and maintained to the highest standard.
** This job is no longer available, see our most recent mining jobs here.
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.