This is a Bowen Basin job located in the Mackay & Coalfields area. Do you live close to this location, or are you willing to FIFO from within Queensland?
You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Drill Fitter Job in Mackay & Coalfields
Ausdrill limited is an ASX listed company with international operations serving the mining, civil construction, manufacturing and procurement / logistics industries. Due to increasing work in Western Australia, they require the above personnel.
Do you want weekends at home, and job variety?
- Good team environment
- Safety focused company
- DIDO or Town based
Ausdrill are currently searching for a Drill Fitter to join team in the Bowen Basin. The role would entail working with a small team on site maintaining CAT/Reedrill SKS drill rig and associated support equipment.
The role is a 5 days on 2 days off live in town or DIDO with roster flexibility to suit. Overtime can be available as required.
Qualifications / Experience required:
- Applicants MUST be HD Trade Qualified and hold an Australian recognized trade certificate
- Coal board Medical and Standard 11 Induction Training
- Ideally hold a current unrestricted HR driver’s license
- Previous experience in the drilling / mining industry working on CAT/Reedrill SKS drills
- The position calls for the need to troubleshoot and repair diesel engines, hydraulics and compressed air systems, along with maintaining associated support equipment
What Rewards Will I Get?
- Level of income is dependent on experience and ability.
- Ongoing personal development is achieved by “on the job” training.
- The ability to advance your career opportunities within the Ausdrill Group. Such positions include Leading Hand and Supervisory roles though-out Australia.
If you feel you have the required skills and are searching to join a professional team, please apply online now with an up to date CV.
All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
If you feel you fit the above profile please apply online today.
When applying please be sure to include with your cv your Drivers license and all relevant certificates and High Risk tickets.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Experience Drill Fitter Coal board Mining DIDO Bowen Basin
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list