Drill Crew – Leasehands, Offsiders & Trainee Drillers
Lucas is a Specialist Engineering, Construction and Drilling service provider to the energy, mining and infrastructure sectors. In each market, multi-disciplined teams have earned a reputation for innovative solutions and reliable project delivery.
Please note any application without the minimum requirement of a HR Truck licence are unable to be considered.
Candidates with previous Coal Mine Site Experience are highly regarded.
Looking for experienced candidates who are reliable, hard working and have a proactive attitude towards their work. Lucas is offering opportunities for people who have drilling experience and hold the relevant drilling competencies.
- Relevant Drilling Experience (Essential);
- Applicable RII's [...Learn about RII's] Certificate in Drilling Operations / Oil & Gas or Higher (Essential);
- HC/MC Truck Licence (Preferred), HR Truck Licence(Essential);
- Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training* or GIQ inducted (Preferred);
- RII's [...Learn about RII's] Competencies for Front End Loader/Telehandler/Excavator/ Non-slewing Crane (Preferred);
- Demonstrated experience working in remote areas and on a roster.
WHAT’S ON OFFER:
- FIFO out of Brisbane
- 14/14, 7/7 or 14/7 Rosters
- Attractive and competitive remuneration
- Career development opportunities – on the job technical training to nationally accredited courses.
- Opportunity to work for an industry leader
If you are looking for a genuine career opportunity and want to be part of the Lucas team, please submit your application via the SEEK “APPLY” button.
Click Apply for Experienced Drill Crew Position
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the worldâ€™s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queenslandâ€™s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStarâ„˘
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.