Drill & Blast Supervisor Coal Mining
CoreStaff is part of the CGH Group, one of Australia’s leading providers of outsourced recruitment and human resources consulting solutions. As employer of choice, CoreStaff employs staff in the Mining and Resources, Energy, Construction, Maintenance & Shutdowns, Manufacturing & Engineering, Transport & Logistics, Warehousing & Distribution and Food Manufacturing sectors.
They are seeking experienced Drill & Blast Supervisors for an Open Cut Coal Mine site in the Bowen Basin, near Moranbah.Client is a Tier 1 Mining House who requires skilled, experienced and safety minded individuals for ongoing opportunities.
To Be Successful In the Role, You Must Have
- Drill & Blast Supervisory experience within the mining sector
- Experience working in truck and shovel/mining activities
- Experience working in an open cut mining operation preferred
- Demonstrated experience leading change and a high performing crew
- A commitment to working safely and complying with site safety standards
- Understanding and execution of the mine plan
- Ability to effectively use computers and associated software (MS Office)
The Qualifications/certifications Required Include
- S 1 2 3 Supervisor Competencies
- Current valid Driver’s License
- Passport or Australian Birth Certificate
- Current Coal Board Medical (or willingness to obtain)
- Current Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training* (or willingness to obtain)
In Return they can Offer
- Ongoing work – immediate start
- Excellent Rates + Super
- Meals and Accommodation provided
- 5/4/4/5 Lifestyle Roster
Client is an equal opportunity employer and along with Corestaff encourage a diverse range of applicants.
If you feel you have the required skills and are looking to join a professional team, please apply online now with an up to date CV.
All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
How to apply
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*Apply for Drill & Blast Supervisor Open Cut Coal Mine site Bowen Basin
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.