You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure that this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Drill & Blast Jobs Mackay
WorkPac are currently seeking an experienced Drill & Blast Supervisor who will form part of and contribute to the Mine Operations Department of a Goonyella Riverside Mine.
Within this position your duties will include:
- Managing daily drill & blast operations
- Reporting to the D&B Superintendent
- Night shift blasting – loading operations
- Blast Logic skill
- Ensure drill patterns are on design
- Statutory responsibilities of all explosives on site
- Load of blast holes to design
- Tie up plans and cost monitoring
- Liaise with explosive suppliers
- Supervision down the hole contract
- Look for opportunities of continuous improvement
Skills and Experiences for Drill & Blast Jobs Mackay:
- Current Standard 11 Induction Training Induction
- Coal Board Medical – conducted within 2 years
- Qld Shotfirer License
- Current Driver’s Licence
- A willingness to work rotating rosters
- Ability to contribute and work positively in a team environment
- 2+ years’ experience – Supervisor
About the Company:
WorkPac is Australia’s leading, privately owned recruitment provider to the mining, construction, engineering, oil and gas and healthcare sectors. They are proud to partner with some of the country’s leading companies to deliver rewarding career opportunities.
Why work for WorkPac?
Looking after their employees is important to them. Their WorkPlus Employee Benefits program offers benefits across health, private insurance, financial services, travel and more. WorkPac have over 45 offices throughout Australia, this means you have the flexibility to work anywhere in Australia with them. As WorkPac has such a large footprint, they know their local areas and are always helping their local community.