This job asks for motivated people. How do you motivate yourself?
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Drill and Blast Operations Manager – East Coast
JSW Australia is an industry leader in drill and blast, geothermal, water well, grade control, reverse circulation and air-core drilling. The company currently services Australia’s major blue chip resource companies in the mining, oil and gas sectors.
They are currently expanding business in the East Coast coal market and are searching for the right person to lead East Coast team. This newly created role has become available to meet JSW’s growing business requirements. This is a key leader of the management team who will drive company values and culture, whilst enhancing the company’s service offering and spearheading the continued strategic growth plan along the east coast.
You should have a solid background in Drill and Blast in open pit coal mines along with a very thorough understanding of best practice safety management systems and applicable legislation.
You will need to be a passionate and motivated individual with extensive knowledge of coal operations and a desire to deliver sustained success.
You will have good communication abilities and be able to promote the company to potential new clients as well as guide field personnel in a close knit team environment.
And you have been doing this, or a similar role for at least the last 10 years.
- Minimum of 5 years experience on drill and blast projects at a management level.
- 10 years experience across coal and drilling operations.
- Applicants must demonstrate focused leadership across health and safety practices in the workplace.
- Effective communication with employees, clients and upper management.
- Ability make decisions and influence others.
- Accurate reporting, ability to plan, schedule and direct operations.
- Excellent numeracy, computer and written skills.
- Ability to pass all medical, drug and alcohol, police and site clearance requirements.
Preferred Tickets and Qualifications
- Standard 11 Induction Training induction.
- S1, S2, S3.
- Cert 4 qualifications in OHS and/ or Training.
- Diploma of Management or similar qualification.
If you feel you have the required skills and are searching to join a professional team, please apply online now with an up to date CV.
All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted directly. More information on JSW can be found at website: www.jswaustralia.com.
How to Apply
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Drill & Blast Coal Mining Operations Manager East Coast Brisbane