If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.This is a Bowen Basin job located in the Mackay & Coalfields area. Do you live close to this location, or are you willing to FIFO from within Queensland?
You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Dragline Operator Bowen Basin
- Bowen Basin based
- Accommodation provided, great rates
- Competitive pay rates, 6/6 roster
Chandler Macleod is a national and well recognized recruitment organization and they are always on the lookout for exceptional candidates to work. They are currently seeking experienced Dragline Operators for a major mining client in the Bowen Basin, reputed for its outstanding working environment and exciting job opportunities. The role offers a competitive remuneration package for the right candidate.
About the Role:
- Bowen Basin based
- No induction costs
- Accommodation: Village Accommodation Provided
- Ongoing work, great rates+ loyalty bonuses
To be successful for this role, you must:
- Experience operating Draglines and dozers (D10,D11)
- Mine site operator experience
- High level of safety awareness
Minimum Mandatory Documentation Required
- Coal board medical Section 4
- Standard 11 Induction Training Statement of Attainment
- Passport or (Birth certificate along with Drivers License)
- 2 x work referees
iMINCO Tip: Give yourself every opportunity to get this job. If you are applying, don’t send in your normal resume and cover letter. Make sure your resume is edited to show requirements for this job, or your application could be automatically rejected.
To apply for this position
If you want to be part of a team with an excellent working culture and strong safety focus, please follow the link below to apply now!
Please note that only suitable candidates would be contacted
- Contact name: Slavka Bromley
- Ref No. 189711AL
- Phone number: 07 3003 7787
NOTE: Did you know that your resume could automatically go into the bin if you don’t format it correctly. Recruiters these days use software to scan your resume for keywords they place in the job ad. This software tried to match up the words in the ad to the words in your resume. If there’s a mismatch – chances are your application will be ignored.
About the Bowen Basin mining region, Queensland.
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers a total area of over 60,000 square kilometres and is located in Central Queensland; running from Collinsville to Theodore. The entire region is home to many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list