This is a Bowen Basin job located in the Mackay & Coalfields area. Do you live close to this location, or are you willing to FIFO from within Queensland?
You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure that this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Dragline/Excavator Cleaner Jobs Bowen Basin
Monday to Friday Roster, Immediate Start, Accommodation Provided.
ABC Heavy Engineering are currently seeking to employ Dragline/Excavator cleaners for an immediate start at one of their Bowen Basin mining sites!
- Monday to Friday Roster
- Immediate Start required
- Located on a Bowen Basin Mine Site
- Transport supplied from/to Mackay
- Camp Accommodation provided
To be considered for this position, candidates must hold:
- Standard 11 Induction Training
- Coal Board Medical
- Working at Heights
- Confined Space
- Elevated Work Platform Licence
- MR Licence
- Candidates whom hold a BMA Core Induction and have the ability to start immediately will be highly regarded.
About the Company:
ABC Heavy Engineering is a locally owned and operated company, Over the past 30 years, the company, through its ingenuity and commitment to research and development, has developed into a major supplier of a wide range of services to the Mining, Sugar and Agricultural Industries, as well as the Civil Sector and Sea Ports, both in Australia and overseas.
** This job is no longer available, see our most recent mining jobs here.
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list