If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Downer Mining – Underground Mine job Opportunities
Downer is a diversified business. With over 19,000 employees they build strong relationships of trust with customers, truly understanding and predicting their needs and bringing them world leading insights and solutions.
Downer’s Underground division already has a strong presence in NSW, QLD, NT and SA, their business is set to grow and are currently working on a number of bids for exciting underground projects. If successful, they will be seeking to recruit numerous permanent positions.
The Talent Acquisition team is calling for expressions of interest from mining professionals with relevant experience in underground operations for the following roles:
- Mine Superintendent
- Shift Supervisors
- Jumbo Operators
- Bogger / Relief Jumbo Operators
- Cable bolter operators
- Charge up
- Shotcrete sprayers
- Agitator Operators
- Underground service crew
- Truck drivers
- Drill offsiders
- Underground hard rock experience preferable
- Current manual drivers license, police check and first aid certificate are required
- Experience on hard rock underground mobile equipment preferred
- Be production oriented with a focus on achieving results without compromising safe work or quality standards
- You will have initiative and a flexible approach to work with effective communication skills
- Must possess an overarching commitment to safe work practices and continuous improvement
What they offer
- Our Zero Harm initiative: A genuine commitment to the health and safety of all employees
- Attractive & competitive remuneration
- A diverse and supportive work environment where individuals are encouraged to show initiative
- Access to suitable training and a range of career development and advancement opportunities
- The chance to join a dynamic and successful business within the Downer group
Please note, Downer do not accept resumes via email and please ensure you attach copies of your Resume, Licenses, Trade Papers/tickets and proof of eligibility to work in Australia i.e. passport/birth certificate to your online application.
Please note, this is a Registration of interest only and does not imply they have current positions available in the above disciplines.
As an employer who embraces Equal Opportunity and promotes diversity, they encourage men and women of all ages and backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians, to apply.
How to Apply
This is an excellent opportunity for you to advance your career with a leading mining contractor. To apply for this role please follow the link below.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Downer Underground Mining Jobs Jumbo Operators Brisbane QLD