See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Adani Downer Civil Operators Carmichael mine jobs
Graders * Dozers * Scrapers * Water Carts * Excavators * Dump Trucks * Rollers * Compactors * Surface Miners * Loaders
Job type: Full Time – Permanent
Location: FIFO Rockhampton, Townsville
- Permanent full time position
- 14/7 roster
- FIFO from Rockhampton or Townsville incl accommodation
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- Diverse and supportive work environment
Downer is a diversified engineering and services business with over 19,000 employees.
Their Mining division is Australia’s leading diversified mining contractor. If you’re selected, you will be joining a group of innovative thinkers who work together to provide safe, ethical and environmentally conscious outcomes that exceed Adani’s expectations. This new mine will be the biggest Australia has ever seen.
With a 60 year life span and some 60 million tonnes of thermal coal expected to be exported direct to India – this is your opportunity to be part of Australian mining history.
About the job
The Carmichael coal mine is a proposed thermal coal mine in the north of the Galilee Basin in Central Queensland.
The mine is situated 630 kilometres north west of Rockhampton, and around 460 kilometres south west of Townsville. Employees will commute on a FIFO basis from the local townships of Rockhampton and Townsville.
As the primary Contractor, Downer Mining’s services will include mine planning, drilling, blasting, overburden removal, coal mining, coal processing, rehabilitation, civil works and maintenance of mobile and fixed plant – in short, we will be doing everything and we want you to help us achieve this.
We now welcome applications from Civil Operators with the following equipment and experience;
- Water Carts
- Dump Trucks
- Surface Miners
You will need to be a skilled, enthusiastic and safety-conscious person who is searching for their next challenge. We seek people who are not afraid to get stuck in and do the work, take directions from supervisors and be part of a team.
Essential criteria for Downer Civil Operator Jobs Adani Carmichael Mine
- Solid experience operating mobile equipment including trucks, dozers, graders and excavators within a civil/heavy earthworks environment
- Demonstrated initiative and a flexible approach to work with effective communication skills
- An overarching commitment to safe work practices and continuous improvement.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A Permanent full time position
- Attractive 14/7 roster
- FIFO from Rockhampton or Townsville with camp style accommodation
- Access to a range of career development and advancement opportunities
- A diverse and supportive work environment where individuals are encouraged to show initiative
- A workplace that focuses on Zero Harm
- The chance to join a dynamic and successful business.
HOW TO APPLY for Downer Civil Operator Jobs Adani Carmichael Mine
Dump Truck Operator Salaries
How much do dump truck production operators earn in the mines?
Depending on where you live, or which state the mine is located in, as you can see from the information below, the salaries are very different. In Queensland and New South Wales, mining wages are pretty much the same for Dump Truck Operators. Working at a Western Australian mine you can expect to earn about 20% more than if you worked in QLD or NSW.
Dump truck operator jobs are advertised on SEEK and other mining jobs boards regularly.
According to online jobs website Indeed (au.indeed.com), the average salary for a Dump Truck Production Operator in Australia is $41.98 per hour. Salary estimates are based on 326 salaries submitted anonymously to Indeed by Dump Truck Drivers. The data was collected from past and present job ads on Indeed over the last 36 months.
Payscale.com Dump Truck Driver Pay Estimates
Looking at the salary of an entry-level Dump Truck Driver with less than 1 year experience, you can expect to earn an average hourly wage (includes bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$42 based on 24 pay reviews.
With so many different and conflicting articles about pays, it's difficult to know what the exact take home pay is for a Dump Truck Operator.
Blackwater, Queensland Dump Truck Salaries +40%
According to Payscale.com, Dump Truck Operators in the Queensland Bowen Basin area of Blackwater, earn an average of 39.7% more than the national average. Dump Truck Operators also get more money in Western Australia (26.6% more) and Kalgoorlie (17.0% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Melbourne, Victoria (19.6% less), Brisbane, Queensland (16.2% less) and Sydney, New South Wales (14.3% less).
SEEK mining job salaries for dump truck production operators
What are dump truck operator employers looking for?
The following list is a collection of requirements you'll find in most advertised dump truckk operator jobs
- Experience operating CAT trucks
- A willingness to work rotating rosters
- Ability to contribute and work positively in a team environment
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol test
- Competitive Hourly Rate plus super on all hours worked
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current Standard 11 or willing to obtain a Standard 11
- Have a strong commitment to safety and Zero Harm and ensure this is a
- priority and at the forefront of all your decision-making
- Have a strong work history
- High level of safety awareness
- Relevant current RII Competencies
- Relevant RII/ SSE sign offs/ Competencies
- Right to work in Australia - Birth Certificate or Australian Passport
- Sound Work History
- Be reliable and a team player