If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Dispatch Mine Control Operator – Local Mt Isa
- 7/7 roster
- Short term role with long term opportunity for the right applicant
- Local Mt Isa role
Reporting to the Dispatch and Mine Control Supervisor, Dispatch/Mine Control Operator will be required to assist in the running of the mine operations.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Promote and maintain high safety performance through personal commitment and application of policies and procedures;
- Monitor, coordinate and report on various aspects of underground operations, including personnel, Mobile and Fixed Assets;
- Monitor and record operational data and equipment status in the Modula system with a high degree of accuracy;
- Provide support and information to the Supervisors; and
- General duties associated with communications and administration.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Experience in mining operations, with knowledge of daily mine workings and previous Dispatch/ Control room exposure will be highly regarded but not essential
- A strong commitment to safety and demonstrated positive attendance;
- An ability to work effectively during high demand situations and possess strong organizational skills;
- High attention to detail and the ability to pick things up very quickly;
- Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills;
- Good computer literacy skills; and
- A highly consultative approach with other departments and contractors.
- Flexibility with business needs to crew changes and an ability to do extra shifts as needed for the business.
This position is offered on 7/7 day and night rotating roster and is residentially based in Mt Isa.
To apply please click the button below or contact the WorkPac office on 4744 6922.
To register your interest in this position click on the “Apply Now” button
Click Apply for Dispatch Mine Control Operators – Underground Mining Operation in Mt Isa.