Dispatch Mine Control Operator – Local Mt Isa
- 7/7 roster
- Short term role with long term opportunity for the right applicant
- Local Mt Isa role
Reporting to the Dispatch and Mine Control Supervisor, Dispatch/Mine Control Operator will be required to assist in the running of the mine operations.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Promote and maintain high safety performance through personal commitment and application of policies and procedures;
- Monitor, coordinate and report on various aspects of underground operations, including personnel, Mobile and Fixed Assets;
- Monitor and record operational data and equipment status in the Modula system with a high degree of accuracy;
- Provide support and information to the Supervisors; and
- General duties associated with communications and administration.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Experience in mining operations, with knowledge of daily mine workings and previous Dispatch/ Control room exposure will be highly regarded but not essential
- A strong commitment to safety and demonstrated positive attendance;
- An ability to work effectively during high demand situations and possess strong organizational skills;
- High attention to detail and the ability to pick things up very quickly;
- Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills;
- Good computer literacy skills; and
- A highly consultative approach with other departments and contractors.
- Flexibility with business needs to crew changes and an ability to do extra shifts as needed for the business.
This position is offered on 7/7 day and night rotating roster and is residentially based in Mt Isa.
To apply please click the button below or contact the WorkPac office on 4744 6922.
To register your interest in this position click on the “Apply Now” button
Click Apply for Dispatch Mine Control Operators – Underground Mining Operation in Mt Isa.
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.