You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure that this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Directional Driller Jobs Bowen Basin
DD’s, Steering Engineers and MWD’s
Mitchell Services are searching for Directional Drillers to work with their SIS and Vertical Teams in the Bowen Basin. In return they offer excellent remuneration and working conditions for the right people.
The role of the SIS Directional Driller is to execute the hole plan in accordance with the customer’s specifications; in a safe cost-effective manner, while upholding Mitchell Services Values, meeting operational performance targets, participating in safety initiatives, and adhering to company policies and procedures.
They are now seeking applications from suitably qualified and experienced Directional Drilling candidates to undertake difficult drilling programs in the Bowen Basin area.
- You will be an experienced SIS DD or Steering Engineer with many years of knowledge and a good understanding of ground conditions in and around the Bowen Basin region.
- Ready to face the challenges each wellbore presents to you and share your solutions with your team. You will foster a positive culture of open and honest communication.
- Adapt to changes in process and technology with an open mind and safety will be a top consideration in every decision you make.
- Have a good level of physical fitness with the ability to pass the MSV pre-employment medical including drug & alcohol screening and a functional assessment.
- Able to provide a suitable National Police Clearance for site access.
This position requires previous experience with the following:
- Assembly and maintenance of Steering Tools (Blackstar preferred)
- Geo-Steering Coal Seam Wellbores.
- Vector Steering Vertical Wellbores.
- Magnetic Ranging with RMRS and/or MGT or similar systems.
- Proficiency with MS Excel and Landmark Compass or similar.
- Reporting and documentation
Site Specific Requirements:
- Standard 11 Induction Training (Current)
- Current Provide First Aid / CPR
- National Police Clearance
You will be working on a 14 on 14 off rotating roster or as per the client’s requirements.
Point of Hire:
You will ideally be DIDO from the Bowen Basin region, or this role will be a FIFO from an agreed point of hire.
They Know Drilling:
Mitchell Services (MSV) is a leading provider of drilling services to the global exploration, mining and energy industries. They offer long term roles at key client sites in the Bowen Basin area, they offer well-maintained equipment, and the opportunity to join a great team with a fantastic culture.
** This job is no longer available, see our most recent mining jobs here.
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list