See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
5X Digger Fitter – Lower Bowen Basin
Open Cut Coal Mining Project – Emerald
- Enjoy permanent work with one of Australia’s largest mining contractors
- Attractive lifestyle friendly 5:4 & 4:5 roster DIDO
- Good standard of accommodation and food provided
Large mining service provider with over 20 years in the mining industry. Offer the widest range of in-house surface mining capabilities and critical underground mining services.
The Project & Roster
- Currently searching for 5 digger fitters on a mine site in the lower Bowen Basin area on a 3 years contract.
- This open cut coal project is located about 1 hour drive from Emerald & runs on a lifestyle friendly roster 5:4 & 4:5 DIDO.
- Accommodation at camp will be provided as well as all meals.
The Pay & Benefits
Attractive $65 + Super along with annual leave and other company benefits such as training and career development as they ramp up production.
The Duties & Machinery
Your 2-3+ years experience working on open cut coal equipment will put you in a good position with your demands in the workshop and field. The ability to work in a team and autonomously will be essential in their role.
The site operates with a wide variety of open cut coal equipment where candidates will need previous experience on Liebherr diggers and Komatsu excavator with rock breaker.
- Up to date standard 11
- Pass a pre-employment drug & alcohol assessment
Applications are being taken for interviews immediately with successful candidates to start ASAP.
Apply for Digger Fitter Job Position
Your interest and experience can be expressed by clicking on the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Experienced Digger Fitter Lower Coal Mining Emerald Bowen Basin
About the Bowen Basin
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.