Heavy Machinery Diesel Technician and Mechanic Jobs
- World Renowned Transportation Industry Leader
- Monday to Friday Roster – Ute, Phone & Laptop Supplied
- $140k (negotiable) + 10% Superannuation
The client, a dynamic growing business with worldwide operations are Australia’s distributor of diesel and gas engines. With a network of Dealers, the company provides fully authorized parts, service and warranty functions within defense, mining, marine, power generation, oil and gas, C&I and on highway and represent well-respected brands.
They believe the people are their key to success which is why they reward their staff with excellent benefits including a competitive remuneration package, ongoing training and support, outstanding career development programs as well as paid parental leave.
About the Role:
Within this role you will be required to work on a large coal mine site near Dysart in a hands on role carrying out services and repairs across a fleet of earthmoving trucks, as well as providing ongoing product support. Working directly with the customer you will be required to demonstrate a proactive approach to understand and respond to their needs, and consistently strive to exceed expectations (KPI’s).
- Diagnosis, servicing and major repairs on heavy earthmoving machinery and engines.
- Ability to work cooperatively on site with both customer and equipment suppliers on a daily basis and liaise with maintenance planners to ensure scheduled equipment maintenance is carried out
- Be able to work standard hours and overtime to accommodate customers’ requirements.
- Report to the Mackay Branch regarding equipment operating hours and/or any product concerns.
Skills & Experience:
- Trade Qualified Diesel Fitter / Mechanic.
- Diesel engine experience – essential.
- Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training* – Statement of Attainment.
- Must be a customer focused team player with a can-do attitude.
- Strong background maintaining, servicing and repairing processing equipment and heavy machinery.
- Confident to work unsupervised and the ability to follow instructions.
- The ability to analyze situations and communicate effectively with staff and customers.
- Effective time management skills.
- Permanent position
- Opportunity to join an iconic brand
- Supportive environment with long-term opportunities for career development
- Competitive remuneration
- Family friendly benefits including paid parental leave
If you feel you have the required skills and are looking to join a professional team, please apply online now with an up to date CV.
All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
If the above role appeals to you APPLY today!
This is an excellent opportunity for you to advance your career with a leading mining contractor. To apply for this role please follow the link below.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*Apply for Experienced Diesel Technician Mechanic Heavy Machinery Coal Mining QLD
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.