See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Diesel Mechanic Jobs Bowen Basin
One Key Resources are currently searching for experienced Diesel Mechanics in the Bowen Basin area. These positions are a rare opportunity to go directly permanent with the client.
- Ongoing maintenance and service of Mining Equipment and Machines;
- Ensuring all maintenance repairs are performed in accordance with Company guidelines and within cost targets;
- Providing support to the rental fleet as required; and
- Working with customers to meet company objectives.
They are searching for :
- A strong commitment to safety;
- Relevant nationally recognised trade qualification with significant post-trade experience with heavy earthmoving equipment; namely Caterpillar, Komatsu and Hitachi;
- Strong analytical skills with and solutions focus;
- Ability to work as part of a cohesive team;
Diesel Mechanic Jobs Bowen Basin ROLE REQUIREMENTS :
- Mining experience as a Diesel Fitter having worked on some or all of the following:
- Trucks – CAT 793, 797, 789
- Dozers – D10, D11
- Excavators – O&K 170. 340
- Brands such as Hitachi, Komatsu & CAT
The qualifications/certificates required include :
- Trade Certificate;
- Drivers Licence;
- Current Standard 11 Induction Training;
- Coal Board Medical;
- Working at Heights
- Proof of Australian working entitlement (e.g. birth certificate, passport or citizenship);
- Licence to conduct high risk work with dogging, rigging, crane and work platform classifications will be highly regarded
In return you can expect :
- Immediate Start | Permanent Positions
- 5:2 / Day Shifts ONLY
- Earn up to $180k+ p.a. with a competitive hourly rate
- Full-time benefits
- Company Car provided
- Accommodation provided
About the Bowen Basin
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Caterpillar Haul truck 789
The Caterpillar 789 dump truck is typically used in open pit mining. The 789 has a capacity of 177 tonnes, and its engine can produce 1770 horsepower.
There are hundreds of CAT 789 dump trucks on various mine sites in Australia; working hard in open-cut coal mines as well as hauling raw iron ore dirt across the open, dusty mine sites of Western Australia.
Read more about the CAT 789 mining dump truck on our website.