See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Diesel Hydraulic Specialist Fitters Bowen Basin
The client is a major maintenance and construction contractor in Central Queensland, providing support to Australian and Pacific region mining and gas industries since its establishment in 2006.
They pride themselves on active field leadership, encouraging employees to be proactive and make correct choices with regards to safety, ensuring everyone prioritizes the need to ensure they return home after every shift. Believing that the Key Safety Principles combined with leadership by example will result in maintaining their ZERO HARM commitment.
Your new role:
They are searching for Diesel/Hydraulic Specialist Fitters to be an active part of their Field Services and Projects crew for an upcoming Shutdown project at various mine sites across the Bowen Basin.
- You will undertake maintenance and repair work on a broad range of diesel mining and hydraulic equipment
- You will be hired on a Casual Basis
- 27 days of work with the possibility to run a little over
- The project will start early to mid-July
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Hydraulics knowledge and experience
- Must be trade qualified and highly experienced in mining maintenance
- Must hold a current Coal Board Medical and Standard 11 Induction Training
- Demonstrate the ability to achieve & exceed set targets
- Demonstrate a safety first attitude
- Confined Space and Working at Heights tickets would also be an advantage
What you’ll get in return:
This temporary assignment will reward you with a competitive hourly rate, a great opportunity to join an industry leader and gain further experience to enhance your trade experience. You will also become a part of a casual pool with potential for further work with a variety of clients down the track.
Would you like to apply?
If you are interested in this position, please click the ‘APPLY‘ button below and send us a copy of your Cover Letter and CV. Only successful applicants will be contacted.Apply for Diesel Hydraulic Specialist Mining Fitters Queensland
About the Bowen Basin
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.