If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.This is a Bowen Basin job located in the Mackay & Coalfields area. Do you live close to this location, or are you willing to FIFO from within Queensland?
You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Diesel Hydraulic Specialist Fitters Bowen Basin
The client is a major maintenance and construction contractor in Central Queensland, providing support to Australian and Pacific region mining and gas industries since its establishment in 2006.
They pride themselves on active field leadership, encouraging employees to be proactive and make correct choices with regards to safety, ensuring everyone prioritizes the need to ensure they return home after every shift. Believing that the Key Safety Principles combined with leadership by example will result in maintaining their ZERO HARM commitment.
Your new role:
They are searching for Diesel/Hydraulic Specialist Fitters to be an active part of their Field Services and Projects crew for an upcoming Shutdown project at various mine sites across the Bowen Basin.
- You will undertake maintenance and repair work on a broad range of diesel mining and hydraulic equipment
- You will be hired on a Casual Basis
- 27 days of work with the possibility to run a little over
- The project will start early to mid-July
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Hydraulics knowledge and experience
- Must be trade qualified and highly experienced in mining maintenance
- Must hold a current Coal Board Medical and Standard 11 Induction Training
- Demonstrate the ability to achieve & exceed set targets
- Demonstrate a safety first attitude
- Confined Space and Working at Heights tickets would also be an advantage
What you’ll get in return:
This temporary assignment will reward you with a competitive hourly rate, a great opportunity to join an industry leader and gain further experience to enhance your trade experience. You will also become a part of a casual pool with potential for further work with a variety of clients down the track.
Would you like to apply?
If you are interested in this position, please click the ‘APPLY‘ button below and send us a copy of your Cover Letter and CV. Only successful applicants will be contacted.Apply for Diesel Hydraulic Specialist Mining Fitters Queensland
About the Bowen Basin mining region, Queensland.
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers a total area of over 60,000 square kilometres and is located in Central Queensland; running from Collinsville to Theodore. The entire region is home to many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list