This is a Bowen Basin job located in the Mackay & Coalfields area. Do you live close to this location, or are you willing to FIFO from within Queensland?
You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Only applicants with real skills should apply. When sending in your application for the job, be sure to highlight the skills you have which are relevant.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Diesel Fitter Bowen Basin
The client is a Tier 1 mining house who requires skilled, experienced and safety minded individual’s for ongoing opportunities.
One Key Resources is a specialist provider of managed workforce services and labour hire to the mining, oil & gas and infrastructure industries. They also complement their core business with market leading value add services including skills and proficiency training and productivity improvement programs.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- Demonstrated experience of Maintenance & Repair
- CAT Trucks
- Komatsu Trucks
- Willingness to pass a D&A test
The qualifications/certifications required include:
- Trade Certificate
- Current Standard 11 Induction Training or BMA Induction Statement of Attainment
- Current Drivers License
- Current Coal Board Medical
In return they offer:
- Immediate Start
- Ongoing work – 6 Months +
- Various rosters- 6/6, 7/7, Lifestyle
- Camp accommodation – BIBO from Mackay and Rockhampton
- Competitive hourly rates ($52 – $54 an hour)
- Weekly Pay
Hit the APPLY button now for this great opportunity!
Apply for the Diesel Fitter position
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the worldâ€™s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queenslandâ€™s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list