See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
8 x Heavy Diesel Fitters Mining Jobs
- Full Time Position | 7/7 Roster
- Flexible Travel Arrangements
- Attractive Yearly Salary | Annual Leave
About the Role:
- Maintenance, repairs and servicing to trucks, dozers, graders, loaders and excavators
- Workshop duties as required including housekeeping
- Adhere to all site safety protocols and SOP’s
- Maintain high levels of equipment availability
- Carry out duties with a positive attitude to ensure productivity
Skills & Experience:
- Trade qualified Diesel Fitter or Mechanic
- Experience working on heavy earthmoving equipment incl. CAT, Hitachi and/or Komatsu
- Strong work ethic along with communication and interpersonal skills
- Current Coal Board Medical
- Current Standard 11 Induction Training or BMA Induction
- Ability to pass any pre-employment medicals and D&A screening
- Salary sacrificed flights
- Job security with a newly extended contract
- Uniforms and $40/week tool allowance provided
- Work-life balance on a 7/7 rotating roster
If you feel you have the required skills and are searching to join a professional team, please apply online now with an up to date CV.
All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
If casual opportunities appeal to you APPLY now!
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Diesel Fitters Heavy Earthmoving Mining Maintenance Coalfields
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list