See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Diesel Fitters Bowen Basin Mining QLD
Dajwood is seeking experienced Diesel Fitters for up coming projects in the Bowen Basin, to maintain heavy earth moving mining equipment. Meals & accommodation are provided. The roster and project is yet to be confirmed as this is an expression of interest at this stage.
To be successful in this role you must:
- Have a Zero harm attitude and strong safety focus
- Be able to work cohesively in a small team environment
- Hold relevant heavy vehicle/diesel mechanic qualifications
- Have experience in the maintenance of mining earthmoving equipment, good understanding of hydraulic and electrical systems
- Experience with the Caterpillar Product
- Performing scheduled maintenance and repairs on mining equipment with a focus on safe, efficient and quality work output
- Attend equipment breakdowns and have the ability to undertake a logical and systematic diagnostic approach
- Demonstrate analytical and problem solving skills
- Understanding of Electronic diagnostic tools and systems
- Good communication and written skills in order to complete reporting, hand overs and daily maintenance log entries
- Hold a current HR License
Requirements to be successful:
- Diesel Fitter Trade certificate
- Coal Board Medical
- Generic Induction / Standard 11 Induction Training
- HR Drivers License
Be an Australian Citizen / have rights to work in Australia / Currently living in Australia
Please submit your resume in a MS Word format by clicking on the Apply button below. All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contained in this ad.
Apply for DIESEL FITTERS – Bowen Basin
This is your opportunity to establish an exciting career path that only a dynamic mining company can provide. To submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction Training.Click Apply for Diesel Fitters Bowen Basin Mining Job
About the Bowen Basin
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.