If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Diesel Fitter – FIFO Perth
Diesel Fitter Underground mobile FIFO Perth
Tanami Operations, 540km north-west of Alice Springs, are on Aboriginal freehold land, in the NT’s remote Tanami Desert. A fully equipped 1000-bed village, 40km from the mine, offers modern leisure facilities to the workforce who FIFO direct from Perth, Darwin and Alice Springs.
Newmont Tanami Operations proudly acted as a Gold sponsor for the Women in Resources Northern Territory Awards for 2015/2016/2017. In 2015 the Company and its employees have been rewarded the Northern Territory Diversity Champion (Mine Manager), and Newmont Women Network Tanami (NWNT) won an award for Excellence in Diversity Programs and Performance.
Diesel Fitter Underground mobile FIFO Perth
Seeking to increase the diversity within Maintenance Team to improve equal opportunity outcomes for employees, and therefore they encourage female applicants and/or people from Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent to apply.
Reporting to the Mobile Maintenance Supervisor, the Diesel Fitter is responsible for performing trade maintenance and tasks for all surface and underground mobile fleet.
The role is based in Tanami and offers an 8/6 FIFO roster from Perth, Darwin & Alice Springs ONLY.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Carry out routine maintenance of the equipment to the required standard of performance and safety.
- Ensuring all work is completed in a timely manner, thus minimising down time of the equipment.
- Work orders completed in a timely manner to the standards set by the maintenance supervisor.
- Meeting company maintenance and production objectives by ensuring all installation and maintenance work is carried out to relevant Australian standards and regulations.
- Ensures the workshop and yard are kept tidy and that the plant site is left tidy after any work is carried out.
- Caries other duties that may be reasonably required.
- Participate in safety and communication meetings.
Candidates must have:
- Relevant trade qualification.
- Maintenance and fault finding skills.
- Previous underground experience is essential.
- Underground breakdown experience on CAT LHD2900 loaders, Volvo L120 loaders and Atlas Copco MT6020 articulated trucks, will be highly regarded.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Current Australian drivers license.
- High level of self motivation.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to analyse a task and understand safety and job requirements.
To be considered for these roles, you must be able to meet the site access requirements by having a current drivers license, passing a police clearance and pre employment medical.
Newmont is an Equal Opportunity Employer that operates globally to a common set of safety, environmental and community relation standards that define expected performance for operating sites. Maintaining high standards for all of Newmont’s operations and measuring there performance against those global standards is an integral part of current business practice and long term goals. Newmont is a diverse and inclusive culture where all people can achieve and contribute to their greatest potential.
Newmont Mining encourages workplace diversity. Females and applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. As part of their commitment with the Traditional Owners also encourage applications from candidates of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island descent. Newmont acknowledges Aboriginal people as the first Australians and respects their unique relationship with the land and sea, their culture, spiritual tradition and stories.
The employees enjoy a generous salary package including free private health insurance and an annual bonus scheme. Not only will you work in a dynamic and collaborative environment but you will also benefit from the opportunities that only a global company can offer.
To apply for this role click on the Apply now link or go to www.newmont.com click on Careers then select the Asia Pacific region.