Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Diesel Fitter Underground Mining Maintenance
- Lady Loretta Mine
- 14/14 Rotating Roster
Redpath Australia is now seeking experienced Diesel Fitters for its long term Lady Loretta Mine project. All wages positions will be a 14 days on, 14 days off roster with rotating day and night shifts.
All local Mount Isa and Cloncurry residents are encouraged to apply. FIFO will also be available from Brisbane and Townsville.
Key of Duties
- carry out scheduled maintenance and breakdown repairs to fleet Cableboltors, Drills, and Shotcrete Machinery both underground and on the surface.
- fault finding repairing and/ or replacing components as required
- maintain plant and equipment, ensuring compliance with regulations and site requirements
- keep clean & tidy workshop.
Skills & Experience
- trade qualification
- experience working with underground mining equipment, particularly Cableboltors, Drills and/or Shotcrete Machinery
- auto electrical knowledge
- ability to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol screening
- current manual drivers license
- demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision
- A safety approach in keeping with Redpath’s principle Safety – First, Last and Always.
All wages positions will be a 14 days on, 14 days off roster with rotating day and night shifts.
Redpath is the type of company where you can sink your teeth into a challenging role, get hands on experience and receive learning & development opportunities with experienced personnel.
Operating since 1962, The Redpath Group provides technical and operational expertise to the mining industry globally, with a reputation for providing innovative solutions utilizing modern technology.
How to apply
To apply, click on the “Apply Now” prompt quoting the reference number 1704-2584-FIT
Apply today. They will call you to discuss the role and project and allow you to decide if it is an opportunity you would like to pursue.Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Diesel Fitter Underground Mining Maintenance FIFO QLD