If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.Mackay & Coalfields, Queensland location.
This is a Bowen Basin job located in the Mackay & Coalfields area. Do you live close to this location, or are you willing to FIFO from within Queensland?
You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Only applicants with real skills should apply. When sending in your application for the job, be sure to highlight the skills you have which are relevant.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Diesel Fitter Mine Sites Bowen Basin
Diesel Fitter Mine Sites Bowen Basin Heavy Mining QLD
Eveready Group of Companies specialize in labour supply to the Mining Industry in Queensland and New South Wales. In addition to this, they are automotive experts; boasting a successful workshop in Paget, Mackay Qld.
Eveready Group has been operating for over 10 years and they pride there selves on supplying skilled personnel and quality services to there clients. There client base stretches across a variety of Mine Sites, located in the Bowen and Gunnedah Basin’s.
As their business and client base is growing rapidly, they are currently searching for hardworking Diesel Fitters to join the team on a full-time basis . They have a Mackay town and site based position available so, if you are a qualified Diesel Fitter who wants to work for a company who values safety and put’s their employees first – HIT APPLY NOW!
Reporting to the Manager and Site Supervisor; your primary responsibility is to play a proactive role in the continuous upkeep, improvement and preventative maintenance of – Heavy Mining Equipment, Medium Vehicles, as well as other ancillary mining equipment.
Requirements for the Role:
- Trade qualified Diesel Fitter (two years post trade experience essential)
- Diagnostic’s, Maintenance & Repairs Experience on Heavy mining equipment and Medium Vehicles, as well as other ancillary mining equipment
- Experience working with Cat, Hitachi and Komatsu equipment is desired
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Generic Standard 11 Induction Training
- Coal Board Medical
- Valid Manual Drivers License, HR is desired
- Current Inductions at Peabody Mine Sites is desired
- Thorough understanding of open cut mining operations
- Full-time Opportunity
- Attractive hourly rate and weekly pay
- Accommodation & Meals provided whilst on-site
If you are interested in being a part of an ever growing team, please email your cover letter and resume to the email address provided.
***only shortlisted candidates will be contacted***
- post trade: 2 years (Required)
- Mackay QLD (Required)
Licenses or certifications:
- Coal Board Medical (Required)
- Trade Qualified Diesel Fitter (Required)
- Manual HR Driver’s License (Preferred)
- Generic Standard 11 Induction Training (Required)
Please submit your resume in a MS Word format by clicking on the Apply button below. All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
Would you like to apply for this job position?
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Diesel Fitter Mine Sites Bowen Basin Heavy Mining QLD
About the Bowen Basin mining region, Queensland.
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers a total area of over 60,000 square kilometres and is located in Central Queensland; running from Collinsville to Theodore. The entire region is home to many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list