Fitter / Diesel Mechanic Mining Maintenance
Fitter/Diesel Mechanic – Mining, Cape York, QLD
Bowyer Group is a proud family owned and operated mining and quarrying company with operations at Weipa and Archer River in the far north Queensland region of Cape York. Their strong customer focus has led to be one of Cape York’s largest suppliers of quarry materials together with mining equipment, transport and skilled personnel.
Due to continued growth, an opportunity now exists to join there team in Weipa as a qualified diesel mechanic/fitter to maintain fleet servicing Rio Tinto.
The duties will include;
- Repairs and maintenance of mining machines on site and in workshop
- Routine servicing of fleet
- Attend to breakdowns on site
- Operating machinery as required
- Assisting with other duties as required
- FIFO roster ex Cairns OR
- Local resident to Weipa area (preferred).
They are looking for applicants who have experience working within small companies who understand the importance of getting the job done quickly, efficiently and SAFELY.
This is an autonomous role so they are looking for applicants with the following;
- Fitter/Heavy Diesel mechanic qualifications
- Experience with Caterpillar machines (Cat 740, Cat 349, Cat D8, Graders etc.)
- Full QLD drivers license (HC desirable)
- Machine operator and safety qualifications/tickets (RII's [...Learn about RII's] preferred)
- A strong commitment to workplace health and safety
- A strong commitment to Rio Tinto core values
- Ability to work unsupervised and be a self-starter
- Remote work location experience
They are offering;
- Immediate start
- Competitive hourly rates
- Long term contracts
- Favourable FIFO roster or residential roster
- All flights, accommodation and meals for FIFO (ex Cairns)
For further information, please contact Damon on 0426 507 ***. Please apply by emailing your resume to **@bowyergroup.com.au Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply
This is an excellent opportunity for you to advance your career with a leading mining contractor. To apply for this role please follow the below link.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*Apply for Diesel Fitter Mechanic Mining Maintenance FIFO Cairns QLD
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.
Standard 11 Mining Induction
The Standard 11 is a course that provides skill and knowledge required for working in surface coal mines under the QLD Mining Inspectorate Recognised Standard 11.
If your job means you must access a Queensland coal mine site - you'll need a Standard 11.
The Standard 11 covers essential safety training designed to keep you and other workers safe from injury and harm when working on site.
You can book your course online and we will find a training provider close to your location - we do all the work for you.