See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Diesel Fitter Maintenance Peak Downs – QLD
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight they work closely with there customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
There Mining division is Australia’s leading diversified mining contractor. As part of this team you’ll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to provide safe, ethical and environmentally conscious outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, you will be responsible for carrying out repairs and preventative maintenance on the mobile truck fleet in the field and workshop.
You will be responsible for all facets of maintenance on a large truck fleet (65+ units) covering a range of models up to and including CAT 797F’s and Liebherr T282C’s.
- Relevant diesel fitter / heavy vehicle trade qualifications
- Post-trade experience within an open cut mining operation desirable
- Proven experience with Caterpillar, Liebherr Haul Trucks or MTU engines
- High levels of initiative and the ability to work well under pressure
- Safety focus with a high attention to detail to abide by site safety processes
- Passionate and energetic individual searching to take that next step in your career.
- The desire to be part of a dynamic, exciting & supportive team
IN RETURN THEY OFFER
- 7/7 roster, 12 hour shifts
- Camp accommodation and meals provided at Leichhardt Village
- Bus in / bus out of Mackay, with a direct service from site to the coast after your round.
- Bus service to Mackay aligns with flights in & out of Brisbane
- Daily bus services between Camp & Site
- Permanent employment at highly completion rates
Numerous financial, lifestyle, health & well being benefits including salary sacrifice options, novated leasing, discounts and support programs
A modern well equipped workshop offering everything you need to work safely and efficiently. An opportunity to join a diverse and inclusive leading edge business
For further information or a confidential discussion, please contact Urima Meni on 07 3026 6646.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the button. If you feel you meet the above requirements, are keen to take on a new and exciting opportunity, and work for an employer that is committed to supporting your career then APPLY NOW.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Experienced Diesel Fitter Maintenance Peak Downs Mining Brisbane QLD