You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Diesel Fitter Mackay Jobs
$134,000 + Super, Mackay & Coalfields
- 4 Permanent Diesel Fitter Positions
- 7/7 Rosters | Caval Ridge Mine
- Salary Sacrificed Flights to Mackay
About the Role:
If successful for the position, you will be working in a team environment maintaining a fleet of heavy earthmoving machinery consisting of; large Liebherr excavators and Caterpillar machinery. This role will require you to implement your diagnostic skills on an ongoing basis to ensure maximum efficiencies are met, and down time is minimised. In reward for your commitment, you will receive the opportunity to work for a large mining organisation and enjoy earning a strong mining salary and career prospects.
- Mobile plant maintenance and repairs – trucks, dozers, graders and loaders
- Large hydraulic excavator up-keep and repairs
- Fault finding and troubleshooting (reading and interpreting schematics)
- Adhere to all site safety protocols and SOP’s
- Maintain high levels of equipment availability
- Desire to achieve the goal of zero injuries
Skills & Experience:
- Diesel Fitting or Mechanical Trade
- Experience on heavy earthmoving equipment – CAT, Komatsu, Hitachi or Liebherr
- Must have excavator experience
- Current Coal Board Medical
- Current Standard 11 Induction Training or BMA Induction
- Beneficial tickets – WAH, Forklift, Dogging, EWP, Crane etc.
- Permanent Roles
- Annual leave and sick leave
- Buses supplied from Mackay airport
- Salary sacrifice option available for cost of flights connecting with bus services
- Camp accommodation and meals provided
- Tool allowances & career progression
About the Company:
Stellar Recruitment are have partnered with a reputable mining client who has a focus on employing the best people to offer a variety of opportunities to learn, grow and advance. With a commitment to high performance, culture and working with integrity, their employees are encouraged to give it their all.
** This job is no longer available, see our most recent mining jobs here.
Komatsu 830E Haul Truck
The Komatsu 830E is an ultra class dump truck used in Australian open pit mining operations an is designed and built in Peoria, Illinois by Komatsu America Corporation (parent company is the Japanese held company Komatsu Ltd.
The Komatsu 830E is a beast, with 231,000 kilogram capacity (255 short tons). Although this is a big truck, the 830E's load capacity is about 66% the capacity of the Liebherr T 282C and Caterpillar 797B.This is an electric truck and is being featured in many new mining operations as well established mines in WA and QLD.
The electric drive system is very different fromt the transmission/differential drive of traditional trucks. The diesel engine is connected to a GE traction alternator with high voltage cables transfering electricity to the two wheel motors at the rear of the truck.
Read more about the KOMATSU 830E mining dump truck on the Komatsu website