This is a Bowen Basin job located in the Mackay & Coalfields area. Do you live close to this location, or are you willing to FIFO from within Queensland?
You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure that this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Only applicants with real skills should apply. When sending in your application for the job, be sure to highlight the skills you have which are relevant.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Diesel Fitter Jobs Mackay & Coalfields
Queensland operations on a 7/7 roster in the Bowen Basin.
AAMG are seeking experienced, skilled and qualified Heavy Duty Diesel Fitters to join the team at their Queensland operations on a 7/7 roster in the Bowen Basin.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Project Leadership team, the successful candidates will:
- Conduct maintenance tasks on mobile plant
- Work under the direction of our client, to ensure the equipment fleet achieves maximum availability in a safe, efficient and cost-effective manner
- Maintain absolute commitment to the site requirements
- Maintain absolute commitment to our values acting with integrity at all times
To be considered for this position, it’s essential that you bring:
- A positive work attitude
- Trade qualification for the related field
- Demonstrated experience working in a mining environment
- Well-developed communication skills with known ability to work as a team player
- Demonstrated product knowledge on OEM equipment.
- Previous experience maintaining mobile plant consisting of the following duties: servicing, general maintenance, planned maintenance, breakdowns, component changeouts
- Current Standard 11 Induction Training
- Coal Board Medical
- Hold a valid “C” class driver’s licence
- Opportunity to join a specialised team that is on the forefront of Mining Technology.
- Competitive hourly rate, starting from $60
- Super & LSL Paid on all hours worked.
- Flights or Company Ute provided dependent on client requirements and based on merit.
- Annual Performance Bonus.
- AAMG Refer a Friend scheme ($1,000 paid on completion of 3 months) Get paid a bonus for your referrals.
- Opportunity to develop and grow your career with an exciting company that does things differently.
About the Company:
Autonomy & Asset Management Group is a Queensland based business supporting the mining/resources industry in autonomy and asset management. They’re building an exceptional team from the ground up, and they’re here to leave a mark.
They provide a range of services that include Automation and Technology, Asset Management and Skilled Trades to support large-scale projects working on a range of the latest OEM equipment.
** This job is no longer available, see our most recent mining jobs here.
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list