Diesel Fitter Jobs Komatsu
7/7 Day & Night Roster, Camp Accommodation & Meals
New jobs are being posted for experienced Diesel Fitters to join Komatsu – carrying out service and repairs on the WA1200 Loaders. These roles are permanent site based positions, supporting the Emerald branch.
The knowledge, skills and abilities we’re looking for:
- Relevant Trade Certificate and or heavy maintenance equipment experience
- Current MR (Medium Rigid) or greater driver’s license
- Mobile equipment maintenance experience on construction, quarry and mining size earthmoving equipment.
- Strong diagnostics / fault-finding skills
- Working at Heights, Forklift and Dogging Tickets highly regarded
- A proven high level of customer service
- A demonstrated commitment to safety with the ability to work unsupervised
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and good understanding of computing systems
- Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) experience, particularly with Komatsu equipment will also be highly regarded
- Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training* Induction required
About the Company:
Komatsu is a world leader in the technology behind state of the art earthmoving, mining, construction and utility equipment. Komatsu’s vision is to be indispensable to their customers by having the most professional, skilled and engaged people who drive innovation. With over 3,000 employees across Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia and New Caledonia, progressing their business forward is a key element of their success.
** This job is no longer available, see our most recent mining jobs here.
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.