See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Diesel Fitter Jobs Bowen Basin
UGL are searching for Diesel Fitters to join their crew on a permanent 4 days on, 3 days off on a DIDO basis within the Bowen Basin. Candidates living around Mackay would be desirable.
To be considered for the role you will possess the following:
- Trade qualification in Automotive Mechanical or Mechanical – Diesel Fitting
- Standard 11 Induction Training/BMA Core (Certificate of Attainment)
- Current Coal Board Medical
- Current Working at Heights and Confined Space Entry (within 2 years)
- Ability to work in and maintain a zero harm culture at all times.
- Participate in site Field Leadership safety activities as requested.
- Diagnostics/fault finding, general maintenance and servicing on dewatering pumps, gensets, medium vehicle, ancillary equipment as directed.
- Vehicle brake testing and monitoring.
- Planning and preparation required to perform the requested works.
- Attend to and priorities emergent works whether immediate or urgent.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Maintain the well-equipped workshop including updated critical spares list in site store.
What they offer:
- Very competitive remuneration
- A chance to join a 6,000+ strong organisation owned by the CIMIC Group, one of the world’s leading international contractors
What makes you right for UGL:
- Genuine concern for safety
- Capacity to flourish in a high-performance environment
- An innovative mindset and a willingness to challenge the norm
- You believe success and value are driven by real teams where everyone has a role to play
About the Company:
UGL Pty Limited is a leading provider of end-to-end engineering, construction and maintenance services. We are active across rail and transport, communications and technology systems, oil and gas, power, renewables and resources, water and defence markets. UGL partners with some of the world’s largest blue-chip companies and government agencies, private enterprises and public institutions.
About the Bowen Basin
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.