Diesel Fitter Jobs Bowen Basin
Experience working on CAT, Komatsu, Liebherr & Hitachi
Mitchell’s Heavy Repairs are looking to hire experienced Diesel Fitters for work across the Bowen Basin, QLD.
You will be required to:
- Carry out repairs, maintenance and diagnostics and fault finding of large mining equipment in a safe and timely manner.
- Carry out machine relocations, shutdowns, new assemblies and various rostered work.
- Be flexible with work hours, with overtime required during peak periods
- Must be reliable, self motivated and be able to work with minimum supervision
- Promote an enjoyable, safe and productive work environment
To be considered for these positions, the applicant should have:
- Relevant Mechanical or Diesel Fitting Trade Qualification
- Current Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*
- Coal Board Medical
- Drivers Licence
- Experience on CAT, Komatsu, Liebherr and Hitachi
- Strong Customer Service and Communication Skills
- Strong Focus on Safety and Contamination Control
In addition, the following will be favourable:
- Current MR Drivers Licence
- Local candidates from the Bowen Basin
- RII's [...Learn about RII's] Competencies ie WAH, Telehandler
- High Risk Licences ie EWP, Forklift, dogging
About the Company:
Mitchell’s Heavy Repairs has been applying their expertise in heavy equipment repairs throughout the Bowen Basin. Based in Emerald, they are locally driven and employ personnel who hold a wealth of technical knowledge and experience in both the mechanical and mining industry to help solve your daily maintenance challenges. They have invested many years building a business that has the ability to provide skilled and experienced personnel supported by a fully equipped service vehicle, all at a competitive rate. They are focused on assisting their clients assets to perform at their peak, with minimal down time.
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.