Diesel Fitter – Underground Cannington Mine
- Immediate start available
- Attractive hourly rate on a 7/7 Roster
- FIFO from Townsville, Brisbane or Cairns
The Redpath Group is a leading mining contractor with projects throughout Australia and the globe.
They specialize in shaft sinking, mine development, contract mining, raiseboring, underground construction, coal, engineering & technical services and specialty services. They are committed to providing an environment in which all employees can excel while achieving their vision of Safety – First, Last and Always.
About the role and Project
This is your chance to join the versatile Redpath Cannington underground team in an exciting Development or Ground Support role. The South32 Cannington operation is 200km from Cloncurry in North-West Queensland. The Cannington Redpath team is over 120 personnel strong and benefits from the job security that comes from a long standing contractual relationship spanning more than 20 years!
- carry out scheduled maintenance and breakdown repairs to fleet of large mobile plant
- fault finding repairing and/ or replacing components as required
- maintain plant and equipment, ensuring compliance with regulations and site requirements
- keep clean & tidy workshop
- file documents daily
- investigate ICAM accidents as required
- fill out and sign maintenance worksheets daily
- conduct oil sampling as required
- attend and contribute to pre-start meetings, toolbox talks, safety meetings, roster change and shift change meetings when required
- complete all pre start checks prior to use of equipment
- conduct Take 5’s and JSA’s when required.
Skills & Experience
- Heavy duty diesel fitter/mechanic trade qualifications
- Experience working with hardrock underground/heavy duty mobile equipment, specifically Tamrock or Sandvik Jumbo’s
- Strong fault finding and diagnostic skills
- Basic Auto electronic knowledge
- Ability to pass a police clearance and pre-employment medical
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision
- A safety approach in keeping with Redpath’s motto Safety – First, Last and Always.
Redpath offers choice and flexibility to enhance the lifestyle and well being of our team. With benefits including discounted health insurance, salary packaging and salary continuance insurance they make the health, safety and well-being of there people absolute priority, and they are focused on ensuring everyone is fit for work and fit for life.
How to apply
To apply, click on the “Apply Now” prompt quoting the reference number 1806- 2545-FIT
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*Apply for Diesel Fitter Job Underground Mining Cannington Mine QLD
Standard 11 Mining Induction
The Standard 11 is a course that provides skill and knowledge required for working in surface coal mines under the QLD Mining Inspectorate Recognised Standard 11.
If your job means you must access a Queensland coal mine site - you'll need a Standard 11.
The Standard 11 covers essential safety training designed to keep you and other workers safe from injury and harm when working on site.
You can book your course online and we will find a training provider close to your location - we do all the work for you.