Diesel Fitter – George Fisher Mine site
- 2/1 Roster
- Residential or FIFO Available from Brisbane, Cairns or Townsville
- Long term employment prospect
The Redpath Group is a leading mining contractor with projects throughout Australia and the globe.
They specialize in shaft sinking, mine development, contract mining, raiseboring, underground construction, coal, engineering & technical services and specialty services. They are committed to providing an environment in which all our employees can excel while achieving our vision of Safety – First, Last and Always.
About the role and Project
This is your chance to join the Redpath George Fisher Mine team in an exciting Ground Support role. The Glencore George Fisher Zinc Mine is located 20km from Mount Isa, close to local amenities and a family friendly community environment. The George Fisher Redpath team benefit from the job security that comes from being in the early stages of a long term contract.
The role will offer you the opportunity to progress your career in a small team environment where safety leadership and performance is valued.
- maintain heavy mobile equipment, including Jacon Shotcrete, Sandvik Cabolter, LV’s and IT’s
- ensure workshop is maintained
- conduct breakdown maintenance as required
- ensure machinery is maintained to meet site requirements
- conduct fault finding and repairs as required.
Skills & Experience
- heavy duty diesel fitter/mechanic trade qualifications
- experience working with underground/heavy duty equipment
- strong fault finding and diagnostic skills
- basic Auto electronic knowledge
- ability to pass a police clearance and pre-employment medical
- demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision
- A safety approach in keeping with Redpath’s motto Safety – First, Last and Always.
Flights are provided from Brisbane, Townsville and Cairns, food and accommodation is provided when on site.
Redpath offers choice and flexibility to enhance the lifestyle and well being of there team. With benefits including discounted health insurance, salary packaging and salary continuance insurance they make the health, safety and well-being of there people absolute priority, and they are focused on ensuring everyone is fit for work and fit for life.
How to apply
If you wish to apply please apply via the seek apply button! Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*Apply for Diesel Fitter George Fisher Mine site FIFO Mining Maintenance Brisbane
NOTE: This is a sample of the types of jobs you can do when you have attained pre-hospital health care qualifications. Each job requires different levels of education, experience and qualifications. Wherever possible, link to the courses we offer will be provided as links. We encourage you to continue to do your own research on the online jobs boards such as SEEK, Indeed and Jora.