See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Experienced Diamond Driller (Energy)
Mitchell Services (MSV) is a leading provider of drilling services to the global exploration, mining and energy industries.They offer permanent roles at key client sites in the Bowen Basin area, they offer well-maintained equipment, and the opportunity to join a great team with a fantastic culture.
They Know Drilling
Due to continued growth within Queensland Energy division, they are now seeking applications from suitably qualified Drilling candidates to undertake a difficult HQ-3 drilling program in the Bowen Basin Qld.
As the role is an immediate start, the Inherent requirements for this position are as follows.
- Must have experience in Diamond Coring
- HR licence mandatory (above desirable)
- Certificate III Drilling
- Standard 11 Induction Training (Current)
- Supervisor S123 Qualification
- Carry out the risk management process (G2)
- A current Provide First Aid / CPR
- A good level of physical fitness is an inherent requirement,
- The ability to pass a functional assessment.
- The ability to pass a pre-employment medical
- The ability to pass drug & alcohol screening
The role will be FIFO Brisbane or DIDO Mackay and surrounds, you will be working on a 14 days on/ 7 days off roster some Night shifts may be required.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please contact Harry Murray directly 0428988*** or send you resume direct to ********@mitchellservices.com.au
All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
Would you like to apply?
If you feel you meet the above requirements, are keen to take on a new and exciting opportunity, and work for an employer that is committed to supporting your career then APPLY NOW.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Experienced Diamond Driller Mining FIFO Queensland Energy Bowen Basin
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list