If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Diamond Driller Assistants Mining Maintenance
FIFO from any State in Australia. Excellent day rate + Travel + meals + Accommodation + Meter Bonus. 2:1 rota
Your new role
Your new role will see you operate the drill rig and recover an accurate sample as per customer specifications & in the highest industry standards.
You will be required to maintain the Drilling work area & equipment in a safe and functional condition while complying with the companies policies and procedures.
The Driller will be accountable for:
- Responsible for recovering and presenting core samples through safe and professional practices so that client expectations are met or exceeded
- The Driller must show guidance and give direction to the Utility Workers, Drillers Assistants & Trainee Drillers in the recovery and presentation of samples
- Training of Driller’s Assistants / Trainee Driller’s in, correct and safe working procedures & the proper care of equipment & ensures assessments are filled out correctly & on time
- Understanding fully the terms of the drilling program and liaising with the supervisor to ensure successful completion
- Consistently applying sound drilling practices and techniques within your range of competence
- The Driller is responsible for ensuring that all aspects of the duties and tasks outlined are undertaken in accordance with the companies policies, procedures and practices
- Ensuring that adequate duty of care is exercised in all aspects of your work activities
- Personal compliance with the OH&S Regulations and any site specific rules, which may apply with varying mine, site operations.
The general responsibilities will include:
- Pre-start checks & safety inspections
- Carry out general drilling functions
- Supervise Drillers Assistants & Trainee Drillers
- Core sample recovery
- Rig operation, including set up
- Maintaining hole (as per hole plan) direction
- Inventory control
- Report writing
- Training of drill crews in their required tasks
You will need the following:
- Current C class license (or equivalent),
- Current Level 2 Apply First Aid certificate
- Current CN License (20 tonne non-slewing crane)
- Telehandler competency (Company can provide this if needed)
- Track mounted skid steer competency (company can provide if needed)
- Working Safely at Heights
- Previous work Experience as a Diamond Driller
- Working rights in Australia
What you’ll get in return
You will be trained to the highest standards and be working with the best in the business. You will receive an excellent day rate as well as a 2 :1 roster. With the business getting busier this roster may change to 2:2 in the future. You will have flights, accommodation and meals provided as well as half a day travel paid on the travel out day.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are searching for a new position, please contact for a confidential discussion on your career.Apply for Diamond Driller Assistants Mining Maintenance FIFO Australia