If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.This is a Bowen Basin job located in the Mackay & Coalfields area. Do you live close to this location, or are you willing to FIFO from within Queensland?
You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Dangerous Goods MC Truck Operators -Transport Ammonium Nitrate in the Bowen Basin
One Key Resources is a specialist provider of Managed Workforce and Labour Hire solutions to the Mining, Oil & Gas and Infrastructure Industries.
One Key Resources are on the hunt for experienced Dangerous Goods MC Truck Operators to transport Ammonium Nitrate in the Bowen Basin, near Moranbah. You will be required to drive Double Road Trains of Ammonium Nitrate between the clients Yard to their site compound.
You will be required to:
- Operate Tipping skel trailers with augers to unload the product
- Load 20ft containers of AN onto skel trailers using 32t Fork Lifts.
- Comply with Work instructions and site specific requirements for task
Successful applicants will be able to provide and demonstrate the following:
- MC Licence
- Dangerous Goods Licence
- SSAN check (police check can start prior to receiving if D/Goods is current)
- Current Statement of Attainment Standard 11 Induction Training
- Fork Lift licence
Working for One Key Resources not only means you will work with a leading supplier of labour to the Mining, Oil & Gas and Infrastructure industries, this role also offers the following benefits:
- Ongoing Work – 6 Months +
- 3 Days on/3 Nights on/6 Off Roster
- Competitive hourly rates – $38 – $42/hr + Super
- Camp Accommodation Provided
- Weekly pay
NOTE: When you apply for this job MC Truck Operators, take a look at your current resume and cover letter. Always match the first page of your resume to details of the job. Search the job ad for keywords and add them into your resume because if you don’t, your application may be scanned and rejected before it even gets read by a human.
Would you like to apply to this job?Click for more details and Apply for the job
About the Bowen Basin mining region, Queensland.
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the worldâ€™s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queenslandâ€™s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers a total area of over 60,000 square kilometres and is located in Central Queensland; running from Collinsville to Theodore. The entire region is home to many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list