Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is a leading Australian based diversified mining services, contracting, processing and commodities production company. MRL’s unique and robust business model, coupled with its industry position as the mining services provider of choice, has ensured a reputation for delivering the highest quality services in the specialist fields of minerals processing, contract crushing, mine ownership and operation to name a few.
MRL remains at the forefront of its craft and this allows for a strong culture of innovation which continues to foster the development of significant potential new revenue streams, through diversification via commodities including Iron Ore and Lithium amongst others as well as in our mine contracting service offerings that range from construction, contract mining and crushing, power generation, bulk material handling via our road, rail and port assets to camp and facilities management.
- Oversee, manage and control the production of the crushing plant to achieve the operational outcomes of safety, quality, performance and cost.
- Advocate and maintain cost effective production procedures to achieve optimum plant output, availability, reliability and performance.
- Develop and maintain effective Safe Work Procedures.
- Manage, control and supervise the site production teams and establish a committed and focused team arrangement.
- Provide ongoing direction, mentoring, training and support.
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of reports as directed.
- Assist in the organization, planning, preparation and execution of plant shut downs.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory requirements and relevant standards and codes.
- Ensure completion of all checks and inspections.
- Compliance with all Safety Rules and Procedures to ensure all work is undertaken in a safe manner at all times and participation in any Safety or Training initiatives identified and implemented by the Company and/or the Client.
- Monitor the skills and performance of production resources and provide advice, training and direction to ensure the team is meeting all necessary performance objectives.
- Comply with all applicable health, safety and environmental laws, regulations and statutory obligations at all times.
- Demonstrate and maintain a high standard of personal safety, safety leadership and a commitment to the safety of fellow workers.
- Ensure all incidents are reported in accordance with company procedures and the Health and Safety Management Plan
- Actively participate in safety initiatives and risk identification processes.
- Support the development of and champion new safety initiatives.
- Always report fit for duty.
- No incidents due to personal negligence.
- Comply with the Sites Environmental Management System.
- Report and escalate issues appropriately to the Direct Line Manager.
Assist with, and contribute to operational and improvement activities associated with the planning and performance of works to ensure the smooth running of the site based operations
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- Minimum 5 years demonstrated previous experience within a Crushing Plant or similar Fixed Processing Plant environment with a minimum 2 years in a supervisory role.
- Knowledge and understanding of computers and Microsoft software packages.
- Ability to lead and manage teams
- Demonstrate initiative and creative problem solving skills
- Ability to work in remote locations.
- Physically mobile with a good fitness level
- C Class Driver’s License.
- Certificate 4 in Training and Assessing
- Wheel Loader competency certificate.
- Senior First Aid
Submit an application for this role, use the Apply button below.
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the worldâ€™s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queenslandâ€™s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStarâ„˘
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.