Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Crane Supervisor (Dysart) Mining Bowen Basin
Freo Group is searching to fill the permanent full time position of Crane Supervisor in the Dysart Branch in the Bowen Basin, QLD.
This is a local based position only (no FIFO or DIDO), although Freo Housing will be provided for the successful applicant.
The successful candidate will be expected to provide direction and guidance to Crane Operators and Rigging personnel and supervise lifts. A competitive salary is on offer, mobile phone and use of a company vehicle.
Some general duties include:
- Coordinating the operations of cranes and lifting activities
- Managing client relations and business development
- Leading a safe operational culture
- Adhering to key performance indicators (KPI’s) both internally and from there valued clients
Qualities required for Success
- Relevant experience in crane and rigging operations and/or lifting activities sectors
- A minimum of two (2) years experience as a Leading Hand or Supervisor
- Intermediate computer skills, including MS Office
- Proven ability to motivate, manage and delegate a workforce of drivers operators
- Have a high safety focus in Mining, Construction or Industrial Industries
- A strong customer focus
- C1 Crane and or Rigging High Risk certification
- HR Drivers License
Successful candidate will possess similar experience and have a demonstrated background in the Crane and Rigging Operations sector. Internal and external training will be provided where required. Those wishing to progress their career from operations into management are encouraged to apply.
Please submit your resume in a MS Word format by clicking on the Apply button below. All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain
How to Apply:
If you would like to apply for this position, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
For further information about this opportunity please call Tony Durey on 0437 517 744.Apply for Crane Rigging Supervisor Dysart Mining Bowen Basin QLD
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list