Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide.You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure that this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Crane Operator / Labourer – Mining Maintenance
Crane Operator Labourer Mining Maintenance Townsville QLD
Based in Townsville, Pacific Marine Group (PMG) is a marine contractor at the forefront of the Maritime Industry in Northern Australia and the Pacific Rim. With approximately 120 employees working in the main divisions of Marine, Diving and Construction, PMG prides itself on its ability to efficiently undertake work in each of these areas as well as complete larger projects integrating all divisions of the business.
About the role
Due to expanding business opportunities, PMG is seeking experienced Crane Operators / Labourers to join on casual basis, commencing in April.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Undertake truck, crane & vessel loading and unloading activities as assigned
- Assist tradesmen as required
- Undertake maintenance & housekeeping
- Ensure compliance with relevant company policies and workplace health & safety requirements
About the candidates
The successful candidates will be individuals who value working safely, within a culture focused on achieving a high standard, while meeting the needs of the client and projects.
The successful candidates will need to demonstrate the following:
- High Risk- Open Crane License – License to operate a slewing mobile crane (over 100 tonnes) – Essential
- Drivers License (HR preferred)
- Construction Industry White Card
- Confined Space Entry certificate
- Working at Heights certificate
- High Risk License – Forklift (FL) – desirable
- High Risk License – Dogger (DG) – desirable
- Experience working in Marine Construction Industry / Labouring
- Good oral communication skills
- Effective time and self-management skill
- Great attitude and work ethic, with a high focus on safety
Due to the potential work locations, applicants ideally will be based in the Townsville region, or be willing to travel to/from Townsville at their own expense.
The successful candidates must have full and current Australian working rights, will be subject to drug and alcohol testing, and may be required to undergo a medical and/or police check.
Position closing date.
Interested applicants are asked to submit their current resume and a cover letter addressing the above criteria. Applications close 2nd May 2018. To explore more about Pacific Marine Group please visit www.pacificmarinegroup.com.au
Would you like to apply?
Apply today. They will call you to discuss the role and project and allow you to decide if it is an opportunity you would like to pursue.Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Crane Operator Labourer Mining Maintenance Townsville QLD