If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Construction Jobs category.
Construction Dump Truck Jobs WA
CPB Contractors are searching for FIFO Dump Truck operators working a 21/7 roster on the Robe Valley Sustaining project. They have a strong pipeline of work and are offering permanent and full-time positions.
The successful applicant will have:
- HR Drivers Licence
- Construction OHS card (white or blue card)
- Multiple operator tickets – Water cart, Grader, Dump Truck, Excavator, Loader, Dozer etc
- All tickets must be nationally accredited (RII coded)
- Proven experience operating machinery on large resources projects
- Experience with 773’s, 777’s, and ADT
- Commitment to safety in everything you do.
- Willingness to work on a 21 days on, 7 days off roster
- Current Rio Tinto Inductions highly desirable
What’s in it for Construction Dump Truck Jobs WA:
- Competitive hourly rate, including penalties after standard 40 hours
- Weekly accrued severance payments
- Income protection
- Longevity Project due for completion 2020
- They have a strong pipeline of work which allows them to offer redeployment options to our employees.
- Equal opportunity employer – they strongly encourage females, Indigenous, multicultural applicants to apply for all our positions
- People First – Be part of a company that is committed to recognition, career building and supporting your safety and wellbeing.
About the company:
CPB Contractors is the CIMIC Group’s construction company and a leading international construction contractor, with operations across Australia, New Zealand and Papua New Guinea. Combining the expertise and track record formerly delivered by Leighton Contractors and Thiess, they deliver projects spanning all key sectors of the construction industry, including roads, rail, tunnelling, defence and building. Their Mission is to generate sustainable returns for their shareholders by delivering projects for their clients, while providing safe, rewarding and fulfilling careers for their people.
** This job is no longer available, see our most recent mining jobs here.
Dump Truck Operator Salaries
How much do dump truck production operators earn in the mines?
Depending on where you live, or which state the mine is located in, as you can see from the information below, the salaries are very different. In Queensland and New South Wales, mining wages are pretty much the same for Dump Truck Operators. Working at a Western Australian mine you can expect to earn about 20% more than if you worked in QLD or NSW.
Dump truck operator jobs are advertised on SEEK and other mining jobs boards regularly.
According to online jobs website Indeed (au.indeed.com), the average salary for a Dump Truck Production Operator in Australia is $41.98 per hour. Salary estimates are based on 326 salaries submitted anonymously to Indeed by Dump Truck Drivers. The data was collected from past and present job ads on Indeed over the last 36 months.
Payscale.com Dump Truck Driver Pay Estimates
Looking at the salary of an entry-level Dump Truck Driver with less than 1 year experience, you can expect to earn an average hourly wage (includes bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$42 based on 24 pay reviews.
With so many different and conflicting articles about salaries, it's difficult to know what the exact take home pay is for a Dump Truck Operator.
Blackwater, Queensland Dump Truck Salaries +40%
According to Payscale.com, Dump Truck Operators in the Queensland Bowen Basin area of Blackwater, earn an average of 39.7% more than the national average. Dump Truck Operators also get more money in Western Australia (26.6% more) and Kalgoorlie (17.0% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Melbourne, Victoria (19.6% less), Brisbane, Queensland (16.2% less) and Sydney, New South Wales (14.3% less).
SEEK mining job salaries for dump truck production operators
What are dump truck operator employers looking for?
The following list is a collection of requirements you'll find in most advertised dump truckk operator jobs
- Experience operating CAT trucks
- A willingness to work rotating rosters
- Ability to contribute and work positively in a team environment
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol test
- Competitive Hourly Rate plus super on all hours worked
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current Standard 11 or willing to obtain a Standard 11
- Have a strong commitment to safety and Zero Harm and ensure this is a
- priority and at the forefront of all your decision-making
- Have a strong work history
- High level of safety awareness
- Relevant current RII Competencies
- Relevant RII/ SSE sign offs/ Competencies
- Right to work in Australia - Birth Certificate or Australian Passport
- Sound Work History
- Be reliable and a team player
Caterpillar Haul truck 777
The Caterpillar 777 is a 100-ton haul truck, typically used in open pit mining, manufactured by Caterpillar Inc. The first model of Caterpillar 777 was introduced in 1974. Its diesel engine is capable of putting out 870 horsepower. The 777D, introduced in 1996, was powered by a 938-horsepower diesel.
This truck is one of the entry-level haul trucks most new operators will learn on. Once competent, they will move up to the larger 785, especially when working on a coal mining site.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.