About Confined Space Training Brisbane
Confined Space training is almost becoming a standard training qualification for people who are looking to work in the mining, oil and gas industries. More and more, we see† mining companies and contractors advertising on mining jobs boards like SEEK, Indeed and Career One and listing Confined Spaces as a ‘must have’ on your resume.
Developments in the mining industry point to an increase in underground mining operations in the coming years, therefore having the Confined Space Training qualification is essential.† The Australian gas industry is also experiencing massive growth and owing to the constraints of tight space maintenance operations, a Confined Space ticket is also essential.
By gaining your nationally-recognised Confined Space competency, you will not only have the skill to open up new job opportunities, but you will also assist employers to meet their Work Health and Safety obligations.
1 Day Training
This highly interactive and interesting course is suitable for persons who are working or would like to work in the mining or oil and gas industry or to assist with activities related to confined space entry.
This course is designed to teach you how to:
- Plan and prepare for entering and working in confined spaces including safety requirements.
- Complete an entry permit.
- Work safely within a confined space and in accordance with an issued permit.
- †Safely carry out emergency response procedures and work with the correct tools and equipment, signage and barriers.
- Use and maintain atmosphere testing equipment, understand lock-out procedures and basic communications.
- Exit a confined space in a safe and compliant manner.
- Recover tools, equipment and materials, inspect confined space and secure access; and
- Clean up and dispose of recyclable materials.
- Check, maintain and store tools and equipment.
RIIOHS202A - Enter & Work in Confined Spaces
As iMINCO is an information provider and not an RTO, we utilise the extensive training and industry experience of different RTO's.