See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Commissioning Panel Operator – CCPP Bowen Basin
Chiyoda Corporation, along with joint venture partners, JGC Corporation and KBR, has formed JKC Australia LNG Pty Ltd (JKC) to deliver the engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) activities for the Ichthys Project Onshore LNG Facilities. The Project, one of the world’s largest LNG developments, involves gas from the Ichthys Field in the Bowen Basin off north-west Australia being exported to the onshore processing facilities in Darwin via an 890 km pipeline. The Ichthys LNG Project is expected to produce 8.9 million tonnes of LNG and 1.6 million tonnes of LPG per annum, along with approximately 100,000 barrels of condensate per day at peak over its 40 year life-span.
Chiyoda Oceania Pty Ltd is currently seeking a Commissioning Panel Operator – CCPP. Reporting to the Lead Commissioning Panel Operator, you will be responsible for the safe and efficient commissioning of Combined Cycle Power Plant (CCPP) built within the LNG production plant in accordance with project schedule and budget. You will be required to assist commissioning for startup and be part of the integrated team of company / JKC operators.
- Implementing relevant Legislation and Project policies, plans and procedures to ensure safe pre-commissioning, commissioning, start-up.
- Complying with Detailed Operational Test Procedures, Safe Work Method Statement and Job Safety Analysis during the Commissioning phase.
- Liaising with Construction teams to ensure ready for Commissioning RFC and RFSU documentation is completed and punch/exception items are closed out prior to equipment/system hand over.
- Carrying out Commissioning activities completion to project requirements.
- Promoting Incident and Injury Free culture in the workplace.
- Assisting and supporting commissioning activities, which may inclue, but are not limited to:
- Line-up and overall coordination for run-in of rotating equipment
- Function/Stroke testing
- Overall tightness testing, inerting and drying
- Witness/perform test runs
- Alarm and trip checks
- Commissioning and operation of systems associated with Utilities and Offsite
- Providing regular reporting of activities and plans to the Lead Commissioning Panel Operator
- Tertiary qualification or equivalent experience acceptable. Qualifications preferred are Certificate IV in Electricity Supply Industry – Generations Operations.
- High Risk Work License – BA and TO (Advanced Boiler Operation and Turbine Operation)
- Trade background experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Panel Operations for a major operator / contractor(s), with a detailed knowledge of equipment and systems relating to a Combined Cycle Power Plant .
- Demonstrated knowledge of electrical & piping documents/drawings.
- Effective administration skills, systematic logical approach to work and capability of prioritizing workloads.
- Good understanding of Control Systems with GE Mark IV Equipment.
- Good understanding of Yokogawa Control Systems.
- English literacy and effective communication skills both verbal and written.
- Computer literacy and experience in the use of Microsoft Office.
Benefits of Chiyoda
Chiyoda is a world-leading integrated engineering company, having wide-ranging services in diverse fields, such as energy, chemicals and petrochemicals, pharmaceutical, environmental technology, social infrastructure and industrial facilities. Chiyoda has successfully built many plants and executed many projects in over 40 countries around the world, having the strongholds in LNG and gas processing facilities.
To apply for this job
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Commissioning Panel Operator – CCPP Bowen Basin
About the Bowen Basin
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.