If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.This is a Bowen Basin job located in the Mackay & Coalfields area. Do you live close to this location, or are you willing to FIFO from within Queensland?
You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Commissioning Panel Operator – CCPP Bowen Basin
Chiyoda Corporation, along with joint venture partners, JGC Corporation and KBR, has formed JKC Australia LNG Pty Ltd (JKC) to deliver the engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) activities for the Ichthys Project Onshore LNG Facilities. The Project, one of the world’s largest LNG developments, involves gas from the Ichthys Field in the Bowen Basin off north-west Australia being exported to the onshore processing facilities in Darwin via an 890 km pipeline. The Ichthys LNG Project is expected to produce 8.9 million tonnes of LNG and 1.6 million tonnes of LPG per annum, along with approximately 100,000 barrels of condensate per day at peak over its 40 year life-span.
Chiyoda Oceania Pty Ltd is currently seeking a Commissioning Panel Operator – CCPP. Reporting to the Lead Commissioning Panel Operator, you will be responsible for the safe and efficient commissioning of Combined Cycle Power Plant (CCPP) built within the LNG production plant in accordance with project schedule and budget. You will be required to assist commissioning for startup and be part of the integrated team of company / JKC operators.
- Implementing relevant Legislation and Project policies, plans and procedures to ensure safe pre-commissioning, commissioning, start-up.
- Complying with Detailed Operational Test Procedures, Safe Work Method Statement and Job Safety Analysis during the Commissioning phase.
- Liaising with Construction teams to ensure ready for Commissioning RFC and RFSU documentation is completed and punch/exception items are closed out prior to equipment/system hand over.
- Carrying out Commissioning activities completion to project requirements.
- Promoting Incident and Injury Free culture in the workplace.
- Assisting and supporting commissioning activities, which may inclue, but are not limited to:
- Line-up and overall coordination for run-in of rotating equipment
- Function/Stroke testing
- Overall tightness testing, inerting and drying
- Witness/perform test runs
- Alarm and trip checks
- Commissioning and operation of systems associated with Utilities and Offsite
- Providing regular reporting of activities and plans to the Lead Commissioning Panel Operator
- Tertiary qualification or equivalent experience acceptable. Qualifications preferred are Certificate IV in Electricity Supply Industry – Generations Operations.
- High Risk Work License – BA and TO (Advanced Boiler Operation and Turbine Operation)
- Trade background experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Panel Operations for a major operator / contractor(s), with a detailed knowledge of equipment and systems relating to a Combined Cycle Power Plant .
- Demonstrated knowledge of electrical & piping documents/drawings.
- Effective administration skills, systematic logical approach to work and capability of prioritizing workloads.
- Good understanding of Control Systems with GE Mark IV Equipment.
- Good understanding of Yokogawa Control Systems.
- English literacy and effective communication skills both verbal and written.
- Computer literacy and experience in the use of Microsoft Office.
Benefits of Chiyoda
Chiyoda is a world-leading integrated engineering company, having wide-ranging services in diverse fields, such as energy, chemicals and petrochemicals, pharmaceutical, environmental technology, social infrastructure and industrial facilities. Chiyoda has successfully built many plants and executed many projects in over 40 countries around the world, having the strongholds in LNG and gas processing facilities.
To apply for this job
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Commissioning Panel Operator – CCPP Bowen Basin
About the Bowen Basin mining region, Queensland.
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers a total area of over 60,000 square kilometres and is located in Central Queensland; running from Collinsville to Theodore. The entire region is home to many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list