If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Commercial Manager – Mining Based in Central QLD
An international mining provider with a global presence is searching for a Commercial Manager to join a Central QLD open cut coal mine. This is a rare opportunity to work on an extremely profitable mine which still has over 20 years life existence left.
Reporting into the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for the financials and the contracts across the mine site. You will have 6 direct reports across administration, procurement and finance to manage who are described as a high achieving, strong team.
Your key duties will include:
- Monthly reporting and analysis of cost, production and KPI data providing recommendations for cost improvements.
- Reconciliation of general ledger
- Review commitments for the month and input accruals journal into general ledger identifying areas of discrepancy and correct as required.
- Preparation, posting and analysis of stock valuation models.
- Preparation, posting and analysis of deferred mining expenditure models
- Joint Venture and XCQ monthly, quarterly and annual reports and presentations.
- Preparing the site budget and forecasts.
- Provide guidance and assistance as required to site personnel in order to complete budget requirements.
- Monthly capital reporting, variance analysis and re-forecast.
- Supervise the contract management process and authoress complying contracts.
- Provide the commercial support in life of mine process, including the preparation of life of mine presentations and reports
- Provide training, professional development and coaching to site staff including quarterly and annual performance reviews with the Commercial Team.
To be successful in this role,
- CA/CPA qualified and have demonstrable Commercial Manager experience on a coal site.
- You will have sat on the management/senior leadership team and be able to drive change and ensure the site is operating smoothly and efficiently.
This is a very hands on position and will require someone with a strong personality who is able to manage site contractors and challenging situations.
This role can be FIFO or a house will be provided for the successful candidate. This role is available immediately and those who are available at short notice will be looked upon favourably. However, those with notice are still encouraged to apply.
Would you like to apply for this job?
If you are interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 07 3854 3802. To apply, please submit your CV via Seek.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities.Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11Apply for Commercial Coal Mine Manager Mining Central QLD