Their current focus is on expanding its existing Baralaba PCI (Pulverized Coal) coal mine operation, in central Queensland.
Cockatoo Coal is also ramping up coal development projects in both Queensland and New South Wales.
With a focused program to speed up their exploration to operational projects, Cockatoo Coal are well placed to efficiently get the coal out of the ground and shipped off to their global customers. This is a company to watch out for, if you are looking for Queensland mine jobs, or are thinking about working in a NSW coal mine.
Among Cockatoo Coal`s major assets, as at 31 December, 2012, were:
- The Baralaba PCI Coal Mine (A central Queensland coal mine).
- 2, 977 Mt JORC global resource portfolio (100% Project Basis).
- 4,300km2+ of coal exploration rights across the Queensland Bowen and Surat Basins.
- Wiggins Island (Queensland) Stage 1 (3Mtpa) and 2 (4.2 Mtpa) port export allocation.
- 5 major Asian coal buying customers
Queensland Bowen Basin Projects
Cockatoo Coal`s Bowen Basin projects extend from Dingo project in the north to the Baralaba South project in the south. The mining activity covers approximately 92 kilometres in an area located approximately 180km west of Gladstone, in central Queensland.
Baralaba Mine/ Baralaba North
Drilling operations in the Bowen Basin have seen a total of 193 holes for 22, 778 metres of depth.
Drilling has now stopped as the company is now satisfied it has uncovered a major resource. The next phase of open hole drilling and core hole drilling for coal quality testing in the Baralaba North and Lochinvar projects will start later in 2013, with the aim of expanding the JORC Resources (Joint Ore Reserves Committee) and Reserves to the north.
Currently the Company plans to increase coal mining at Baralaba to a total of ~950,000tpa by the end of 2013.
Cockatoo Coal Limited Coal Mining Projects
Cockatoo Coal Limited has made the transformation from a junior explorer to become an emerging coal producer – with plans to further establish itself as a significant, independent coal company in coming years with the resulting increase in Queensland mining job opportunities in the coal extraction, processing and transportation.
Advice for people who are looking for Queensland mine jobs or are wanting more information on how to apply for mine jobs in NSW with Cockatoo Coal Limited.
- Go to the Cockatoo Coal Limited website and subscribe to their newsletter. This is a good place to start as you can get advance information about pending mine jobs before they are advertised.
- Go to the Australian Stock Exchange website and read through Cockatoo Coal’s recent annual report, quarterty and half yearly reports. They can also be downloaded from their website. The reports and presentations found on the ASX website can show you how the company is progressing in terms of their financial position, their growth (or lack of), their future projects and outlook. This will give you invaluable insights into how this company is positioned in terms of offering future employment.
- Set up mining job alerts on the Cockatoo Coal website. This is a way to keep connected to what jobs are being offered. You can register your interest for employment also – get on to this as soon as you can.
- Go to SEEK, INDEED.com.au or CareerOne mining job boards and search for the keyword “Cockatoo Coal”. You will often find jobs advertised here.
Get the right training before applying for Cockatoo Coal mining jobs in Queensland and New South Wales.
- Do a Mining Induction course. This is a safety training OHS course for the mining industry. It will give you invaluable skills and knowledge which you can use when you are meeting with mining companies and recruiters.
Find out more about the Mining Induction course here.
- Have a medical check to determine your fitness and overall wellbeing. The Coal Board Medical is a medical assessment required by the Australian Coal Mine Workers` Health Scheme. Every coal mining company must ensure that a health assessment is carried out and is satisfactory before a person can be offered employment, or is already employed as a coal mine worker. Find out more about the Coal Board Medical here.
Cockatoo Coal Limited
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the worldâ€™s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queenslandâ€™s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStarâ„˘
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.