iMINCO Mining Jobs - sign up for 2020 mining jobs
Senior Mine Surveyor – Bluff Coal Project
MACA is a publicly listed, integrated contracting services group specializing in mining, civil construction, infrastructure and mineral processing equipment. Operations span across Australia and South America.
Strive to be the best by investing in our people, signifying a relentless focus on continuous improvement and understanding our clients’ needs. Commitment to ensuring deliver first class solutions whilst providing a safe, team-orientated culture that centers on performance and values its people is second to none.
About the role:
As the mining operator, MACA Mining will provide mining services to Carabella Resources at the exciting new Bluff Coal project, located near the town of Bluff and approximately 20 kilometers east of Blackwater.
An opportunity has become available for an exceptional Senior Mine Surveyor to join our team. You will be responsible for providing technical support and assistance with surface mining operations including surveying of designed drill holes, surveying of completed works and providing accurate survey plans.
- Assist in the Development and implementation of survey plans to ensure the business meets production targets in a safe and efficient manner and in compliance with statutory legislative requirements;
- Provide timely and accurate survey support for the daily operations and ensure all routine production surveying tasks are carried out;
- Be responsible for all surface survey, including:
- Survey mark-up of Planned development
- Stockpile and dump pickups
- Surface excavation pickups
- Surface prism monitoring
- Assist in producing weekly and monthly reports together with the preparation of statutory plans;
- Work proactively and flexibly with others to identify any potential cost savings and optimize output to meet operational requirements.
About the lifestyle:
- An attractive 8/6 roster;
- Camp accommodation or the option of an Accommodation/ LAFHA allowance of $220 per week;
- Drive in/ Drive out bus shuttle service from Rockhampton and Emerald.
- Extensive Mine Surveying experience in an open cut coal mining environment
- Tertiary qualifications in Surveying
- Advanced working knowledge of Maptek and Trimble software and modern survey methods including Drone use
- Working knowledge and understanding of relevant sections of the Act and Regulations
- Current Queensland Coal Board Medical and Standard 11 Induction Training Coal Induction
- A demonstrated commitment to fostering safety in the workplace.
Working for Mining and Civil Australia
- Put our People First, creating a safe and enjoyable workplace.
- Strive to continuously Exceed Expectations of employees, clients and investors.
- Recognize the importance of encouraging and rewarding Continuous Improvement.
- Show leadership and take responsibility for Community.
- Provide a supportive environment where people are encouraged to develop further and advance their career.
- Recognize and reward people for outstanding work.
As an Equal Opportunity employer, recognize that are strengthened by a diverse and inclusive workforce. They are committed to providing a workplace where everyone is treated fairly and with respect.
MACA reserves the right to remove job postings prior to the stated closing date, therefore, if you are interested in applying for this vacancy please submit your application as soon as possible. This role is being sourced directly by MACA. They respectfully request no agency approaches.
To be successfully considered for this role, please complete all pre-screening questions and attach the requested documents to your application.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Experienced Coal Senior Mine Surveyor Blackwater Mining Brisbane