If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Surface Safety Advisor – Coal Mining Plant at Gunnedah
Whitehaven is the emerging force in the Australian Coal mining industry.
Whitehaven Coal is the leading coal producer in the New South Wales Gunnedah Basin. There vision is to be Australia’s leading independent coal company. Whitehaven operates the existing mines of Maules Creek, Narrabri, Werris Creek, Tarrawonga, Rocglen, and Sunnyside, and a Coal Handling and Preparation Plant at Gunnedah.
With a total workforce including contractors of over 1500 people and expansion continuing, they are the place for opportunity. They are committed to the sustainable development of coal assets, the safety and well being of employees and working constructively with local communities.
The Surface Safety Advisor is a full time residential role based in either Narrabri or Gunnedah. This role will be accountable for coordinating, maintaining and enhancing safety and health management processes and systems for Narrabri Coal Operations. Early morning starts and occasional late finishes are a requirement of this role.
The successful applicant will have:
- Willingness to work within a small dedicated team
- Willingness to spend a majority of their time out of the office reinforcing behavioural safety expectations
- Ability to work with the Safety & Training team to fulfill weekend call out requirements (1 weekend/ month)
- Excellent communication skills (both to a group and individually)
- Proficient experiencing using MS office suite (word, excel, powerpoint)
- 3-5 years’ experience in a safety role in mining or heavy industry (civil, drilling or crane industry)
- Experience conducting document reviews, risk assessments and completing incident investigations
- Experience dealing with and managing contractors.
Successful applicant will possess the following qualifications:
- Rehabilitation and return to work qualifications
- Trainer assessor qualifications
- Tertiary qualifications in WH&S / OH&S
- Manual car license
- Risk management qualifications (G2 or equivalent)
- ICAM training (or similar method)
- Drug and Alcohol testing (preferred but not essential)
- Earthmoving qualifications (grader, backhoe, excavator)(not essential)
- Rigger, dogger, crane or drilling qualifications (not essential)
The Narrabri Shire is conveniently located halfway between Brisbane and Sydney and is well serviced by road and rail. The Narrabri Shire has established health care infrastructure and a wide selection of public and secondary schools offering great teaching and learning opportunities.
Whitehaven Coal is committed to increasing the representation of women and Aboriginal people in the workplace. Whitehaven aims for an inclusive workplace that brings both men and women from diverse backgrounds and welcomes applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills.Apply for Experienced Coal Mining Surface Safety Advisor Preparation Plant NSW
Caterpillar Haul truck 785
The Caterpillar 785 Haul Truck, Dump Truck or off-road truck as they are called in the U.S. are still used across the world in open-cut mining operations. This huge truck has proven it’s worth for many years and has often been the entry-level truck for new operators.
Progressing when competent, operators move up to the larger CAT 793 and CAT 797 truck, giving them the confidence and ability to handle larger load capacities on a range of challenging mine sites.
One of the biggest advantages you can get if you are looking to learn how to drive these big machines is to get to know the finer details.