See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Coal Mining Supervisor Jobs Mackay
Excellent Rates + Meals & Accommodation + Superannuation
To Be Successful In the Role, You Must Have:
- Mine Infrastructure/Civil Supervisory experience within the mining sector
- Demonstrated experience leading change and high performing crews
- A commitment to working safely and complying with site safety standards
- Understanding and execution of the mine plan
- Ability to effectively use computers and associated software (MS Office)
The Qualifications Required Include:
- S1 2 3 Supervisor Competencies
- Valid Driver’s License
- Passport or Australian Birth Certificate
- Coal Board Medical (or willingness to obtain)
- Current Standard 11 Induction Training (or willingness to obtain)
In Return Corestaff Offer:
- Ongoing work – immediate start
- Excellent Rates + Super
- Meals and Accommodation provided
About the company:
CoreStaff is part of the CGH Group, one of Australia’s leading providers of outsourced recruitment and human resources consulting solutions. They are an energetic, flexible and entirely customer focused organisation that delivers professional recruitment services throughout Australia.
Founded in 2008, Corestaff has grown rapidly from one branch in Darwin to having branches in every mainland capital city as well as a number of regional locations.
CoreStaff’s rapid success has been due to establishing:
- A team of highly experienced and motivated recruitment specialists
- A culture of working hard and having fun
- Sustainable partnerships
- Effective networks
- Accredited Quality, Safety and Environmental Management Systems
- A secure and robust information technology platform.
With offices located in Western Australia, South Australia, Queensland, New South Wales, and Victoria as well as the Northern Territory, CoreStaff is well positioned to offer their Clients local industry knowledge along with timely, efficient and cost effective recruitment solutions.
About the Bowen Basin
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 777
The Caterpillar 777 is a 100-ton haul truck, typically used in open pit mining, manufactured by Caterpillar Inc. The first model of Caterpillar 777 was introduced in 1974. Its diesel engine is capable of putting out 870 horsepower. The 777D, introduced in 1996, was powered by a 938-horsepower diesel.
This truck is one of the entry-level haul trucks most new operators will learn on. Once competent, they will move up to the larger 785, especially when working on a coal mining site.