If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.This is a Bowen Basin job located in the Mackay & Coalfields area. Do you live close to this location, or are you willing to FIFO from within Queensland?
You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Coal Mining Operations Mine Supervisor
Coal Mining Operations Mine Supervisor Coalfields QLD
TMM Group drives better outcomes for resources, infrastructure & energy companies that are safe, effective, commercially sound & enduring. With a commitment to total project management, TMM Group designs, manages & executes better exploration, construction and operations outcomes.
You’ll be part of talented, tight–knit team that values integrity, courage, agility, teamwork as well as a true work–life balance. You’ll be well supported by a management team that rewards effort and provides outstanding opportunities to excel.
About TMM & the Role
TMM has a proud history of operating in Queensland’s Bowen Basin for over fifteen years and specializes in earthwork operations and engineering for the mining and civil sectors. They are seeking an experienced Supervisor to join the team on a full-time basis.
The successful candidate will directly supervise their operations crews to ensure all works are safe, efficient and completed to the highest standard for there clients. Ideally, they are searching for someone who is OCE qualified.
- Ensure the safety and health of all production activities, including risk analysis, hazard identification and control.
- Oversee the safety, planning, organizing and supervision of activities to ensure production targets are met.
- Provide effective leadership and drive employees to meet and exceed expectations.
- Ensure all workplace inspections, tasks are performed correctly and provide direction where needed.
- Ensure a thorough understanding of the span of works and ensure all works are included in the scope and relevant variations.
- Conduct toolbox talks and pass on information from senior management, update employees on adjustments to policy and procedure and make aware of any changes to the working environment.
- Liaise with PM, Superintendent and Maintenance to ensure tasks are undertaken in a cooperative manner.
- Develop relationships with clients and all stakeholders to ensure the scope of works is completed in line with operational requirements.
- Ensure construction activities are performed within budget guidelines as set by the Project Manager.
- Supervision and leadership of all activities and personnel.
- Monitor rosters, hours worked and time sheets.
Qualifications & Experience
- 5+ years’ experience in bulk earthworks
- Experience managing scraper, truck and shovel fleets
- Experience in project cost control
- Practice coordinating bulk earthworks including roads, dams and levies
- Coal Board Medical
- Standard 11 Induction Training
- S 1, S2, S3
- OCE Certificate (highly Regarded)
Skills & Abilities
- A strong focus on health and safety and adherence to Health and Safety legislation, such as the Coal Mining Safety and Health Act 1999, the Coal Mining Safety and Health Regulations 2001 and the Sites Health Management System.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage, coach and lead operators.
- Understands and upholds company and client standards, policies and procedures, and manages crew to do the same.
- The ability to pass a full functional capacity and medical screening process, prior to commencement
- A positive attitude, work ethic and distinct leadership qualities.
If you feel you have the required skills and are searching to join a professional team, please apply online now with an up to date CV.
All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
How to apply
If you wish to apply please apply via the seek apply button! Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Qualified Coal Mining Operations Mine Supervisor Coalfields QLD
NOTE: This is a sample of the types of jobs you can do when you have attained pre-hospital health care qualifications. Each job requires different levels of education, experience and qualifications. Wherever possible, link to the courses we offer will be provided as links. We encourage you to continue to do your own research on the online jobs boards such as SEEK, Indeed and Jora.
About the Bowen Basin mining region, Queensland.
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers a total area of over 60,000 square kilometres and is located in Central Queensland; running from Collinsville to Theodore. The entire region is home to many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list