Coal Mining Operations Mine Supervisor
Coal Mining Operations Mine Supervisor Coalfields QLD
TMM Group drives better outcomes for resources, infrastructure & energy companies that are safe, effective, commercially sound & enduring. With a commitment to total project management, TMM Group designs, manages & executes better exploration, construction and operations outcomes.
You’ll be part of talented, tight–knit team that values integrity, courage, agility, teamwork as well as a true work–life balance. You’ll be well supported by a management team that rewards effort and provides outstanding opportunities to excel.
About TMM & the Role
TMM has a proud history of operating in Queensland’s Bowen Basin for over fifteen years and specializes in earthwork operations and engineering for the mining and civil sectors. They are seeking an experienced Supervisor to join the team on a full-time basis.
The successful candidate will directly supervise their operations crews to ensure all works are safe, efficient and completed to the highest standard for there clients. Ideally, they are looking for someone who is OCE qualified.
- Ensure the safety and health of all production activities, including risk analysis, hazard identification and control.
- Oversee the safety, planning, organizing and supervision of activities to ensure production targets are met.
- Provide effective leadership and drive employees to meet and exceed expectations.
- Ensure all workplace inspections, tasks are performed correctly and provide direction where needed.
- Ensure a thorough understanding of the span of works and ensure all works are included in the scope and relevant variations.
- Conduct toolbox talks and pass on information from senior management, update employees on adjustments to policy and procedure and make aware of any changes to the working environment.
- Liaise with PM, Superintendent and Maintenance to ensure tasks are undertaken in a cooperative manner.
- Develop relationships with clients and all stakeholders to ensure the scope of works is completed in line with operational requirements.
- Ensure construction activities are performed within budget guidelines as set by the Project Manager.
- Supervision and leadership of all activities and personnel.
- Monitor rosters, hours worked and time sheets.
Qualifications & Experience
- 5+ years’ experience in bulk earthworks
- Experience managing scraper, truck and shovel fleets
- Experience in project cost control
- Practice coordinating bulk earthworks including roads, dams and levies
- Coal Board Medical ...*Coal Board Medical*
- Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*
- S 1, S2, S3
- OCE Certificate (highly Regarded)
Skills & Abilities
- A strong focus on health and safety and adherence to Health and Safety legislation, such as the Coal Mining Safety and Health Act 1999, the Coal Mining Safety and Health Regulations 2001 and the Sites Health Management System.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage, coach and lead operators.
- Understands and upholds company and client standards, policies and procedures, and manages crew to do the same.
- The ability to pass a full functional capacity and medical screening process, prior to commencement
- A positive attitude, work ethic and distinct leadership qualities.
If you feel you have the required skills and are looking to join a professional team, please apply online now with an up to date CV.
All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
How to apply
If you wish to apply please apply via the seek apply button! Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*Apply for Qualified Coal Mining Operations Mine Supervisor Coalfields QLD
NOTE: This is a sample of the types of jobs you can do when you have attained pre-hospital health care qualifications. Each job requires different levels of education, experience and qualifications. Wherever possible, link to the courses we offer will be provided as links. We encourage you to continue to do your own research on the online jobs boards such as SEEK, Indeed and Jora.